Watson W881 Super Gainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3JWO

hi, i'm thinking about getting a watson super gainer antenna for my digital/analog scanner, i'm just curious if anybody has any reviews to share with me. I'm looking for it to succeed on VHF HI over any other portable antenna, while keeping good reception on 800MHZ. am i better off to get the super gainer, and also get an 800 mhz antenna? or does the super gainer keep good reception an all bands throughout 25- 1900mhz?
will

kennyblues

I picked one up from Scannermaster, it is a real good replacement antenna, although a bit large, but it works pretty good throughout the spectrum. Well worth the $

jimg

Premium Subscriber
hi, i'm thinking about getting a watson super gainer antenna for my digital/analog scanner, i'm just curious if anybody has any reviews to share with me. I'm looking for it to succeed on VHF HI over any other portable antenna, while keeping good reception on 800MHZ. am i better off to get the super gainer, and also get an 800 mhz antenna? or does the super gainer keep good reception an all bands throughout 25- 1900mhz?
will

I just received mine this week from Scannermaster. I put it on a bnc window mount, which makes it ROOF LEVEL and then connected it to my GRE 600 and the reception is GREAT, even on low band!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.