Channel Master 5094A Replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronmicha

I know the Channel Master 5094A is no longer made but I seem to recall it, or one very similar, is being sold under another name. It may be the Scantenna but I'm not sure. Could someone confirm this for me or tell me if anything compares to the Channel Master 5094. That one seemed to always get good reviews.
Thanks.
Ron

TeRayCodA

The Scantenna is the equal to the Channelmaster 5094A.There is not a lot of difference in the receive.

I had one(5094A) for years until I retired it a couple of years ago,and replaced it with a Scantenna.

LarrySC

I have three 5094's in operation now. One for home ofc split to two scanners. Same for shop and same for my office 21 miles south in Simpsonville. I also have Scanntenna on shop. Bottom line. Scanntenna comes up short in 800 and low band. You can salvage a long element from a TV antenna and bolt it to the BOTTOM element of the scantenna to make it longer. Gravity works in your favor. If the 800 is close, no problem. If you can get your hands on a UHF/800 TV type Yagi then mount it vertical and point at 800 tower then connect to scanntenna with a splitter. Use original scanntenna coax. Dont change that. Good Luck.

TeRayCodA

LarrySC said:
You can salvage a long element from a TV antenna and bolt it to the BOTTOM element of the scantenna to make it longer.

Yup,been there,done that too!
I wonder why Channelmaster quit production on the 5094?

Status
Not open for further replies.