Electroline Drop Amp Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_K

Feed Provider
I purchased an 8 port Electroline drop amp on ebay for less than $15 including shipping to run a few scanners off of. I didn't want to make patch cables with F connectors or use adapters so my buddy changed out the F connectors with BNCs.

I think I paid more for the replacement connectors than I did for the amp (connectors were about $3 each).

He had to re tap the holes to thread the connectors in but I think it came out great.

Thanks Grant!

Attachments

• SAM_0183.jpg
    SAM_0183.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 726
K

kb0nly

Nice job! I was going to do that on my PCT amp but its glued shut on the bottom, those must be fastened with screws or?

Rob_K

Feed Provider
Nice job! I was going to do that on my PCT amp but its glued shut on the bottom, those must be fastened with screws or?

The unit is sealed so that it can be mounted outside (I think). The hardest part of the project was separating it to reveal "the guts". That took about 30 minutes of patience (something I have none of) but it finally came apart.

smason said:
Looks great!
How does it perform?
I've been considering finding one, rather than spending big $ on a Stridsberg.

Funny, I haven't even tried it yet. I have to make up my patch cables and then I can give it a shot. Fingers crossed that will be tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.