Scanner/CB Antenna??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
I have a Radio Shack magnetic mount scanner antenna (Cat. 20-032, I think). Works great with my scanner.

But a friend is looking to sell his Cobra CB radio, and I'm wondering if the same antenna would work with a CB also? For example, I'm thinking I could just put a splitter on the BNC connection, and then run two smaller cables to the CB and scanner.

Would that work, or are they "tuned" to pick up drastically different frequencies?

Sorry if this question has been asked 100 times already. Any help would be much appreciated.

Bart
Corpus Christi, TX

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have a Radio Shack magnetic mount scanner antenna (Cat. 20-032, I think). Works great with my scanner.

But a friend is looking to sell his Cobra CB radio, and I'm wondering if the same antenna would work with a CB also? For example, I'm thinking I could just put a splitter on the BNC connection, and then run two smaller cables to the CB and scanner.

Would that work, or are they "tuned" to pick up drastically different frequencies?

Sorry if this question has been asked 100 times already. Any help would be much appreciated.

Bart
Corpus Christi, TX

1. NO, your scanner antenna will not work on your cb unless you plan on only listening ,and
2. Please don't post your question in multiple forums. :wink:

n9zas

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
Got it. And I just found a few old threads on the topic that I didn't come across the first time, so I think I'll just delete the post... ... ... both of them. (sorry, didn't know which was more appropriate)

Status
Not open for further replies.