JBC290MM is awesome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emoney250

So, I used the JBC290MM today. Had it mounted on the upper corner of my semi cab. Mounted it on the horizontal bar which is part of the spot light on my cab. All I can say is WOW. This little 14" antenna worked awesome!! I have been faithful to Radio Shack's 32" magnet mount for years. This new antenna is now up high (not behind the cab down on the truck frame where I put the magnet mount). I was getting awesome reception!! ESPECIALLY on the CHP (42.44 low band) from a good 50 miles from the base station (the low band reception was my initial concern as the antenna is much shorter than the magnet mount)!! TWO THUMBS UP on this model. Not that it matters, but it is running a BCD536HD.

Emoney250

you again!! Did your mama not give you enough attention? Wait, you don't have to answer that. We can all see it........you are boring already......

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
you again!! Did your mama not give you enough attention? Wait, you don't have to answer that. We can all see it........you are boring already......

You are making this new antenna out to be the greatest thing since electricity. How can you judge it against an antenna that was mounted behind the cab on the frame, that was my point. Why are you so defensive. Oh, that's right...you're a truck driver. Sorry I made you cry sonny, mommie will make it better.....and duplicate posts are not permitted.

Last edited:

MrAntiDigital

So, I used the JBC290MM today. Had it mounted on the upper corner of my semi cab. Mounted it on the horizontal bar which is part of the spot light on my cab. All I can say is WOW. This little 14" antenna worked awesome!! I have been faithful to Radio Shack's 32" magnet mount for years. This new antenna is now up high (not behind the cab down on the truck frame where I put the magnet mount). I was getting awesome reception!! ESPECIALLY on the CHP (42.44 low band) from a good 50 miles from the base station (the low band reception was my initial concern as the antenna is much shorter than the magnet mount)!! TWO THUMBS UP on this model. Not that it matters, but it is running a BCD536HD.

I appreciate the info too. And it's working good for you. You're happy with it. GREAT !!

Thanks again.

Emoney250

Update: I had my new antenna clamped onto a MIRROR today (not a spotlight like last time). Got the same AWESOME response. I even was getting 42.44 low band at 90+ miles from the base (I was at about 1000 foot elevation too).

Just to clerify: there was a time I fabricated a mirror mount for my Radio Shack 32" magnet mount. When I mounted that setup to an aluminum mirror, it was horrible!! It didn't pick up stuff well at all (even VHF and 800 frequencies were coming in weak in areas I susally picked up fine). So I abandoned that idea.
I had been skeptical for years about getting a mirror mount setup as I read different posts on grounding and whatnot. Also the theory that "shorter" antennas would not pick up low band very well.
As I've already stated, this JCB290MM put those theories to shame!!

Thanks for letting me share my VERIFIED experience with this item. I am probably going to replace the window mount (cellular look alike) Radio Shack antenna I have in my Jeep.
For the $20 price, well worth it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.