Newbie Needing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPegg1984

Hello,
My neighbor gave me her old antenna and what looks like a coax cable. On one end of the cable, it has a connector that screws into the antenna port on my handheld scanner. On the other end, it has what looks like a connector that would screw into the back of the tv. On the antenna itself, it has two places to screw leads into. I don't have anything like that on the cable she gave me. What am I missing? I don't see where I can add pictures but I have pictures of the antenna and cable that she gave me. This is my first time owning a scanner and my first time ever using an antenna like this. The antenna is pretty old. If you can help me and need to view the photos I have, please email at daphne.stalnaker@yahoo.com and in the subject line-let me know it's about the scanner and antenna. Otherwise, I might not get your email. Thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide.

lmrtek

Hello,
My neighbor gave me her old antenna and what looks like a coax cable. On one end of the cable, it has a connector that screws into the antenna port on my handheld scanner. On the other end, it has what looks like a connector that would screw into the back of the tv. On the antenna itself, it has two places to screw leads into. I don't have anything like that on the cable she gave me. What am I missing? I don't see where I can add pictures but I have pictures of the antenna and cable that she gave me. This is my first time owning a scanner and my first time ever using an antenna like this. The antenna is pretty old. If you can help me and need to view the photos I have, please email at daphne.stalnaker@yahoo.com and in the subject line-let me know it's about the scanner and antenna. Otherwise, I might not get your email. Thank you in advance for any help you are able to provide.

sounds like what you need is a TV antenna balun

you can get it at radio shack

by the way, TV antennas make very good scanner antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.