Brand new mag mount antennas for $3.30 SHIPPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
does it say how much coax comes with it? if its as much as it SEEMS like in the photo, i dont think it could be all that great for that price....just my 2 cents... :)

rescuecomm

Looks like an 800 mhz co-linear like you see on the public safety trunk systems. Actually, it could be anything since the camera angle shot makes the BNC look huge in respect to the mag base.

Bob

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
ryangassxx said:
I might just buy it and see first hand... $3.30 flat, can't really go wrong..
ill probably go with it....if i buy it ill tell yall how it does... ps, did anyone just purchase one yet, like did it work, like the order process is what im trying to describe?im just like omg how could it be this cheap...

another thing, is it safe to use on of these inside, i have like 0 education in ants. its safe right?

Last edited:

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
rescuecomm said:
the camera angle shot makes the BNC look huge in respect to the mag base.

Not really, if you read the specs, the base is only about an inch in diameter and the antenna is only about 6" long.

sjcscanner said:
another thing, is it safe to use on of these inside, i have like 0 education in ants. its safe right?
There is no reason it wouldnt be safe, as long as you don't poke your eye out. :lol:

Last edited:

ryangassxx

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
sjcscanner said:
ill probably go with it....if i buy it ill tell yall how it does... ps, did anyone just purchase one yet, like did it work, like the order process is what im trying to describe?im just like omg how could it be this cheap...

The site itself is legit.. I've bought things from them before.. They have ALL kinds of super cheap cool stuff.. I just ordered a set of rare earth magnets for $1.60 SHIPPED FROM CHINA, as well as a lazer pointer for $3.80 shipped.. And since they take paypal, it's just too easy.. One click purchases practically..

I guess the biggest thing about this site is that the shipping is free, even on the super cheap stuff.. If you can find something for .50 cents, they will ship it to you and you pay .50 cents. It's sort of unreal.. I do a lot of recreational shopping on this site and spend no more than $10 on several different items each time.. I get a LOT of packages ;)

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Based on the apparent size I would say 800/900 MHz range also. The title also makes one think they are targeting digital phones, the only problem with that is I have never seen a digital phone with a BNC connector. :confused:

Let us know what it is like.

Astro25

It's a cell phone antenna. I used to have one on my Tahoe for when I'd be in woody areas that just wouldn't have good reception. Had to use a BNC converter on mine, tho. Should RX great on 700/800meg PS stuff. Did good for cell usage.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
well, would it work on the 800 mhz bands on a scanner or what? because i would think that if its strictly cell phone ant, why the heck would they put a bnc connector on the end..?

Last edited:

mancow

Database Admin
Proprietary 800 Mhz cellular alarm back-up systems?

900 Mhz data relay systems?

There is probably a million different things a company could have built them for. I bet they are 800 or 900 Mhz.

Astro25

sjcscanner said:
well, would it work on the 800 mhz bands on a scanner or what? because i would think that if its strictly cell phone ant, why the heck would they put a bnc connector on the end..?

You have to realize that not everything with a BNC connector revolves around scanners. It could be for MDT's, a connection to a computer, or yes, a scanner or 2-way radio. It should work good on 800/900Mhz for general scanning. The coax looks a wee bit thin, tho. Not sure what spec. it is. Mine had RG-58u but the stuff in the pictures looks smaller...

Status
Not open for further replies.