R.P. BNC Connector??

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanjunkie

Hi All,
I wanted to get a straight BNC Male to BNC Female connector to put on my scanner in order to limit the wear and tear on the original BNC connection when changing antennas.

I found this http://www.pacificcable.com/Picture_Page.asp?DataName=RFA-8332

I believe the RP in the description stands for "Reversed Polarity." Would this connector work the way I want it to, or does the RP factor prevent that from happening??

Believe it or not, I called the vendor and they had no idea if it would work or not...

Thanks all in advance...

bee

Is there a solution for a bnc that was already had too much wear and tear? This is on a pro 94. The worn connection is causing recieving problems.

K8PBX

I'd stay away from the reverse polarity connector and get one that is straight-through, like the one from ShowMe Cables that RR user "Bee" posted awhile back. Link HERE.

Last edited:

hoser147

I checked mine are not the RP type just straight thru as Steve and Bee stated, it was the same post I had already looked at them on a ebay ham operators store and ordered it thru him:wink: .........................Hoser

prcguy

RP connectors have the pin and socket reversed from normal (eg: male BNC will have female pin and female BNC will have male pin) and the most common types are BNC, TNC and SMA. These are designed to prevent easy antenna replacement on devices like wi-fi access points, etc. There are no scanners with RP BNCs that I am aware of.
prcguy

Status
Not open for further replies.