Attention tech experts! Pro 2096 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmedic78

Hey guys,

A few months back, i used to have it hooked up to a radioshack glass mount antenna.
Poor reception on the digital system, fair reception on everything else.
I asked on here what i could do to improve my reception on 800 Mhz and someone mentionned hooking it up to an 800Mhz antenna.
And it worked GREAT! Clear reception on digital bands
Now, of course, anything that is low band and regular vhf uhf comes in a little weak.

Here is the question:
would hooking up both antennas via a split help the reception on both digital and regular bands or would it be a conflict?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!

n2mdk

You can hook up 2 antennas to the scanner but a simple T connector will cause problems it would need either a coax switch or a diplexer so as not to cause phasing problems.

madmedic78

Thats what i thought about doing. T connector. But since you mentionned the possible phasing issues then ill see if i can get a duplexer or switch.

Thanks

DiGiTaLD

In your situation, I'd go with a duplexer. There are suitable duplexers out there that will do exactly what you want. Make sure you use good quality feedline and connectors, and keep the feedline to a minimum. The nice thing about using a duplexer is that you won't have to worry about a switch every time you want to listen to 800 MHz vs. VHF high band or low band. You can just scan it all, and the appropriate frequency ranges will be filtered through the duplexer from the correct antenna.

hoser147

Madmedic for the price of a good duplexer you could probably find another scanner to use for your conventional scanning. Thats what I did, and ya get the best of both worlds...............Hoser

trooperdude

Database Admin
DIPLEXER not duplexer.

http://www.wimo.com/diplexer_e.html

22002.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.