Antenna/Reception/Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner92

I have a Radioshack PRO-92 and it is great for the most part, but sometimes it can get annoying with the signal. I would be in the car and as soon as I move its complete static. Another example is this: I am scanning an EDACS system and it is of course divided into different talkgroups; well, when I am scanning a talkgroup in an area I might be in it has a poor signal and sometimes I'll be across town and the signal for a farther talkgroup is better.
Whats going on? I would like to move around anywhere I am scanning and not have such horrible static. So then I bought another antenna from radioshack ($16) and it doesnt make a difference. Is it probably that this scanner does not have enough power output for good reception or something? What can I do? Maybe buy a better scanner, I dont know.

Thanks for all the help.

hoser147

Did you buy an antenna for the exterior of the car or another portable one? If it is a portable antenna get one that goes on the outside of the car. It probably just interference from the car itself. As far as hearing it across town better your probably closer to the tower. If you are running a mobile antenna try the Attenuator on your scanner and see if that helps.............................Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.