Yagi vs. Omni vs. RS800

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRide

I've searched and read but thought I'd ask anyhow. :lol:

Currently, one of my BCT-15's is used for trunking only. Found that the best setup I could come up with was the scanner with 3' of RG6 and the RS800Mhz place in a window. I am trying to get hits from about 15 miles away. Works okay but I'd like to improve this if possible.

So, I was wondering. Which would be better (mounted indoors for now). A Wilson 301111 Yagi or a omnidirectional unit such as a Antenex FG8063?

I would think the omni would be better for me because I could mount it in a similar fashion compared to pointing a yagi.

Would this be worth trying? Comments? Suggestions? :confused:

Thanks!

Lobstah_Guy

NoRide said:
Currently, one of my BCT-15's is used for trunking only. Found that the best setup I could come up with was the scanner with 3' of RG6 and the RS800Mhz place in a window. I am trying to get hits from about 15 miles away. Works okay but I'd like to improve this if possible.

I would think the omni would be better for me because I could mount it in a similar fashion compared to pointing a yagi.

Would this be worth trying? Comments? Suggestions? :confused:

Thanks!
Are you trying to receive multiple trunked systems or just one?

If the BCT-15 is being used to listen to only one trunked system, then go with the yagi
and point it towards the tower. But if you're trying for trunked systems from different
directions then go with the omni.

Status
Not open for further replies.