Antenna for FT-60R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

Are there any good dual band antennas that inprove the ft-60r radio rx and tx? On stock antenna it covers the SMA connecter are there any dual band antennas that will cover SMA connecter??

thank you

Baker845

Does these antennas cover the sma connecter like the stock? a lot of them don't cover sma connecter. I get antenna for it 3 months ago and it didn't cover connecter like stock one does.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
I too have the FT-60R and am planning on getting a 6 inch dualband duck my self. i was looking at this one the Comet SMA-503 http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantht/2788.html

I read on a post on here that its really good for it's size.
I know another duck that's real good. it's the stock duck for the dual band Kenwood radios such as the THG71A. if someone has a spare antenna to sell like that i'll take it!!!! My friend has one and i bought a duck like it but i lost it 2 weeks later. but for a stock duck it works almost as good as a Diamond RH77CA on VHF-Hi.

Eric Burris

judyfinkle

I know what you mean about the connector showing.
I went to Staples and bought pencil cushions. (soft foam things that go on pencils to make your fingers more comfortable)
I cut one about 1/8" and slid it on before screwing on antenna.
Antenna compresses it, and it is hardly noticable.
If you can't find black, use a black magic marker to paint it.
My antenna of choice is the Diamond SRH 519.
It receives much better than my Comet SMA 503.

The Diamond will not screw down far enough on the FT-60 or the VX-7 to make contact.
It does work on my VX-6 and TH-F6
So the next best thing for the FT-60 is the Comet..............

Jay

Last edited:

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
I use:

- a rat-tail Diamond (5-something)? Good for local repeaters.
- Diamond RH-77CA, which provides excellent coverage.

I just bought a nameless "Super Antenna" from a hamfest, which is a 30+ inch telescoping whip that advertises +9db gain. It outperforms the RH-77CA for distant repeaters, but unfortunately it tends to knock birds down from the sky.

blueangel-eric

Feed Provider
judyfinkle said:
I know what you mean about the connector showing.
I went to Staples and bought pencil cushions. (soft foam things that go on pencils to make your fingers more comfortable)
I cut one about 1/8" and slid it on before screwing on antenna.
Antenna compresses it, and it is hardly noticable.
If you can't find black, use a black magic marker to paint it.
My antenna of choice is the Diamond SRH 519.
It receives much better than my Comet SMA 503.

The Diamond will not screw down far enough on the FT-60 or the VX-7 to make contact.
It does work on my VX-6 and TH-F6
So the next best thing for the FT-60 is the Comet..............

Jay
Yeah i noticed the jack is like that of the VX150 and i notice adapters tend to unscrew themselves and won't stay screwed tight on the radio. i had that happen to my vx150 one time and a friends elbow leaned on it on the armrest and busted the centerpin in the sma jack because the connector came half unscrewed on its own. I was hoping the radio would follow the characteristics of the VX170. I don't like the jack on the FT60R for those problems and the look of it with other antennas like you guys described.

Status
Not open for further replies.