Help with Portable Antenna purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

baayers

I was wondering if anyone could help. I am looking to find a really good multi band rubber duck antenna that can handle everything but with better performance than the stock antennas. I live in CA where you need 800MHZ for bigger city TRS's but at the same time you also need 42MHZ to listen to CHP, and 154 and 460MHZ for everywhere else. I already have an antenna set up at home so this will be for when I am mobile. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin

Gooser

baayers

That looks like a good option but I was hoping to find one that would also give me a boost on everything including 800MHZ. LA is a good example of where this is needed as LAPD LASO ICIS and and county FD are in the 470MHZ range, CHP is on 42MHZ, and LA City FD and MTA are on 800/900MHZ. Even a little boost for all would make a big difference.

Benjamin

Gooser

baayers said:
That looks like a good option but I was hoping to find one that would also give me a boost on everything including 800MHZ. LA is a good example of where this is needed as LAPD LASO ICIS and and county FD are in the 470MHZ range, CHP is on 42MHZ, and LA City FD and MTA are on 800/900MHZ. Even a little boost for all would make a big difference.

Benjamin
Benjamin...

When you find the Holy Grail of portable wire...let me know. I'm looking too.

Bottom line is that it's wire. Cut to a certain length for a certain band. You get a Air
Antenna, it will do good at that. 800 will do good at 800. Some antennas are made to work across the spectrum...at a compromise.

Unless you are focusing on one specific band, a wide band antenna is just that...a wide band antenna. You buy the land...you get the indians.

Seriously, if I didn't have to swap sticks, I wouldn't.
Maybe someone else will chime in, but the the Diamond 77 is best of what little I have overall.
I, for one, am waiting for that tip as well :)

baayers

I appreciate the help so far. While checking out the RH77CA I also came across 2 other models on scanner master the W-881 Super Gainer and the condor all band BNC. Has anyone had any either good or bad experience with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.