Another eBay find

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalanalog

Don't know, but it Could very well work....
Nice Operating Range.............

ITEM FEATURES!!

LONG RANGE
BUILT-IN BOOSTER
Impedance: 75 ohs
OPERATION FREQUENCY 45-860MHz
Gain 25-35dB
range: up to 69 miles or more(Estimated range, based on reception over flat and open terrain)
Infrared Remote Control
VHF/UHF
Standing Wave Radio <1.5
HI GAIN,LOW NOISE
NOISE Parameter <2dB
Rotation: 360"
INFRARED SYSTEM
50FTH BUILT-IN COAXIAL CABLE

DIMENSIONS::28" Long, 36" Wide, and 16" High

14659.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AMPLIFIED-U...yZ142177QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

digitalanalog

Well it does have a decent operating range - 45-860MHz.

And not saying how reliable it would be,but it also has a self contained rotor
so, Not sure.But i would think it would be decent if mounted high enough
and directed properly.

And the price is not bad either.

knightrider

One thing, it is horizontally polarized, so that is a negative. I suppose one could spend a little time to turn it 90 degrees, but you will need to fabricate a mount in order to keep the rotor functional. It has an amplifier built in, and they also send you an additional amplifier to boost the signal even more... Hmm what exactly are they saying here? I looked at several other antennas he had listed, and all were about the same. Might be OK if you are close to what you want to monitor with the scanner, or if you need an "New Fangled Digital T.V. Antenna" to get the "new" channels off the air.
Knightrider...

br0adband

"range: up to 69 miles or more(Estimated range, based on reception over flat and open terrain)"

Well damn, I was just about to whip out the credit card and grab one, but since it's so limited and I can't speak to my brother on Alpha Centauri, the hell with it... I'll keep using the coat hanger.

</sarcasm> :)

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"Might look cool being used in your next SciFi fanflick video."

Toho Productions of Tokyo beat you to it in the 60s. The Mysterians mounted it on the robot but it got blown off by a blast from one of the Markalites. They had a few left over so Ishiro Honda is selling them on eBay.

Last edited:

jonny290

those endcaps are absolutely godawful and scream "look at my wacky antenna"

bonus if you drop 'satcom' a whole lot and act like a Serious Military Radio Listener

n2mdk

kb2vxa said:
"Might look cool being used in your next SciFi fanflick video."

Toho Productions of Tokyo beat you to it in the 60s. The Mysterians mounted it on the robot but it got blown off by a blast from one of the Markalites. They had a few left over so Ishiro Honda is selling them on eBay.

My favorite actor is Haruo Nakajima :lol:

Last edited:

TooLate

Well...if you've won the auction, let us know how it works. I'm just curious enough to hang around for your next post... Be sure to maintain objectivity and, if you can, contrast results with traditional equipment.
Good Luck
TL

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought!

A shot in the dark here but ah, one thing that comes to mind here is a bird santuary? A place where birds of all kinds can come together and ......do whatever it is birds do when they come together? Beats hanging out on telephone/electrical wires on poles.....We have to consider our fine feathered friends you know!

Manny

K2GOG

that is the better version. Mine did not come with the red end caps on each element and I can only talk to Mars. I reckon with those red end caps, I can get out to Jupiter and further. :D

XTS3000

knightrider said:
One thing, it is horizontally polarized, so that is a negative. I suppose one could spend a little time to turn it 90 degrees, but you will need to fabricate a mount in order to keep the rotor functional. It has an amplifier built in, and they also send you an additional amplifier to boost the signal even more... Hmm what exactly are they saying here? I looked at several other antennas he had listed, and all were about the same. Might be OK if you are close to what you want to monitor with the scanner, or if you need an "New Fangled Digital T.V. Antenna" to get the "new" channels off the air.
Knightrider...

Um, TV signals are horizontaly polorized. THIS IS NOT A SCANNER ANTENNA!!!!!

I have a small antenna sorta like that one in the photo, and it works very well. It's compact, and pulls in all the UHF hi-def signals just fine 40 miles away. Forget about VHF, but UHF works fine.

mule1075

Feed Provider
scanner antenna or not it might work for what you need.i will say i dont think i would by it but you never know that is what makes this hobby fun.it might not work for me but it might be the thing that will work for you.if you want to give it a try have at it and let us know your results.JMHO Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.