are these any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooser

I do not have one of those do maybe someone with one will chime in on its' merits.

Having said that, if you are looking for something to use "inside" the car...spend the extra $7 and get the Radio Shack 800MHz antenna ( http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...Type/Scanner/HAM&fbc=1&parentPage=family ).

I use it around town all the time and have no problems with local trunking. But my not knowing how far away the system you are trying to catch is, your mileage may vary.

Gooser

Oh, on a 2055. I use mine on either the 97 or 246...both handhelds.

I have heard lots of good comments about the Larsen 150-400-800 MHz mag mount.

But, would still be interested in reading the scoop on the Snoop from someone that has one.

FWIW, I have a Watson Nomad and am thinking the guts of the Snoop prob looks similar.

Click the pic:

Last edited:

N1BHH

drew6553

i cant remember the name of it but i will drive into downtown asheville which is still an analog 800 and will hear nothing and i'm interning with asheville fire rescue and they will get a call every 30 minutes so this feeds into my idea that the 800 is kinda deaf on the antenna

ericksonmj

I dont have their 800 version but have a 15 inch version of this one for broader use and it dosnet work much better than my diamond RH77.

Status
Not open for further replies.