Larsen NMO150/450/800, where to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLTX11

I have googled "Larsen NMO150/450/800" and come up with 3 different sites that sale it. I have not purchased anything from any of the sites listed.

www.scannersunlimited.com any good.

Where have you purchased yours?

Thanks

Gooser

CLTX11 said:
I have googled "Larsen NMO150/450/800" and come up with 3 different sites that sale it. I have not purchased anything from any of the sites listed.

www.scannersunlimited.com any good.

Where have you purchased yours?

Thanks
I am lucky enuf to be able to drive a half hour to an HRO or to Scanners Unlimited.
Given a choice, with all factors (product, price, and availability) being equal...or at least "close", I try to support independent retailers.

So, while I have never mail ordered from SU, I can say that the owner, Glenn, is a top notch person to deal with in person and answers his e-mail promptly. If that is any indication then I am sure your transactiion will be fine.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
I just bought the Larsen NMO 2/70 from Scanners Unlimited. I thoought there was something wrong with it and Glenn worked very patiently with me and explained the technical details to me to make sure it was OK, turned out I was just being stupid.

So two thumbs up for Scanners Unlimited. Fast shipping too!

SIGG

I bought the Larsen 150/450/800 antenna and a Larsen NMO mag mount from Ham Radio Outlet recently. I too am lucky enough to live close to one. They didn't have the antenna in stock so they shipped it to me, which was quick.

hitophikers

Scanners Unlimited - CLOSED

Just read this today (3/16/08), had just checked something on the site earlier in the week, thought this thread might like to know.

----------

Effective Wednesday, March 12th, 2008, Scanners Unlimited has closed for good so that I can retire. As of this time, I cannot recommend any other dealer to refer my customers to. This may change, and if so, that dealer's name and phone number will be posted on this site.

I will not be able to respond to e-mail for the next few weeks, and subsequent to that, will be responding to e-mails relating to my former business, only on a very limited basis. In addition, my answering machine will be announcing my closing, up until March30th, but will not be set up to accept messages.

Thanks to all of my customers for your business and loyalty over the past 31 years. It has been a very rewarding experience for me to have served the scanner community during that time.

Glenn Cohen

-----------

There comes a time when we all must "retire" and find something to fill our spare time with.
Enjoy yours Glenn.

CLTX11

andrewccm said:
If I am not mistaken, Frys carries that model. I could be wrong though.

I looked on their website and didn't see anything, wonder if it is a in-store only item?

pawsrock

I have had my Larsen Tri-Band for about a month or two and really like it. I check a lot of different places on the web for this antenna, and cheapham had the best price around. I had look on e-bay at the time but could find one. So I would go with cheapham.com for this antenna. I will post the link for the thread i did on my install.
Ron Fone
www.flamesandfur.com

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98560

lugoffman

hey i got a phone number to cheap ham if you want it he will tell you all about the antennas that you need infact i just bought the same antenna and trust me it made a real inprovement send me a privite message if you want the number trust me the guy knowes all about the antennas for your need

blackbelter

Has anyone used this antenna for 2 M/70CM as well as scanning? It is rated for 100W however what is the SWR? I would need one antenna for both ham and scanning.
Thanks.

glideslope

Just purchased the Larsen NMO 150/450/800 Antenna and NMO-TLP mount from cheapham.com. I sent Frank and email at 8:00am and got a response from him before 9:00am. Good customer service so far, hope everything else works out well!

NYRHKY94

Got my Larsen NMO 150/450/800 and a trunk lip mount from the HRO in Salem, NH last year. Lucky enough to live close by the "candy store" as we call it :)

P.S. I love the Larsen (performs very well)

K4DHR

Has anyone used this antenna for 2 M/70CM as well as scanning? It is rated for 100W however what is the SWR? I would need one antenna for both ham and scanning.
Thanks.

I'm not sure what the SWR is (I need a new meter, mine only has BNC connections, which makes it a pain to test with) but I have used it on low/medium power with my Icom 208H with good signal reports into repeaters within a 10 mile radius. I'm not going to risk the radio trying to run that antenna with high power.

Status
Not open for further replies.