Antenna Freq' Calculations??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwavewave

Can some one help me with some numbers here?
I need what the numbers are for dividing the Freq BY ____blank to get the feet for full wave, 1/2, and so on.

I hope the way I asked this is right? Im sorry for my ignorance, Ive googled online but all I get are calculators, and I want to know how to do it on my own.
If anyone could help would be awsome

k8mcn

468/F=1/2 wave
F=Frequency
for example 80 meter band and you want it for the phone segment--
for easy math i will take 3.900
468/3.90 =120 so a dipole would have two 60' sides--------BUT you cut long because of making connections and to allow for tuning-also you make it a little longer for an inverted V--(i think 5%)

br0adband

2808 divided by the frequency = length in inches for the antenna for a quarter wave (1/4) antenna. There are a bunch of antenna length calculators out there online, also. Double the length for 1/2 wave, quadruple it for full, obviously.

Shortwavewave

Thank you for the Information I got what i needed, but i would like to go a little deeper.

Ive looked all over the net and cant seem to find actual formulas for any type of antenna usage, all i get are calculators, i need to know the actual numbers and formulas, for when Im out in the field

And not just for length, weither it be Inductance, impedance, or Capacitance.

One of the main things I like to do with the radio hobby is mess with all kinds of different antennas, for example Id like to know a formula to know what proper capacitor to use, or what proper resistor to use. And dont tell me theres not Im looking at the "calculators right here" and there has to be numbers behind these things

Ive always been good in math

Can anyone help me out, or is there a different forum, or a website that i cant find.
Thank you guys in advanced

zz0468

QRT
Banned
wannabescannist said:
The ARRL Antenna Handbook is pretty good...N_Jay used to always recommend it.

That's pretty good, but it's oriented around... (wait for it...) antennas.

The ARRL Handbook has all that, and more. Read it cover to cover. You'd be amazed at what you can learn there. Better yet, get 'em both. A guy (or gal) can't have too many books.

zz0468 said:
That's pretty good, but it's oriented around... (wait for it...) antennas.

The ARRL Handbook has all that, and more. Read it cover to cover. You'd be amazed at what you can learn there. Better yet, get 'em both. A guy (or gal) can't have too many books.

Seconded. I got 'em both!

Funny thing is I'm actually learning this stuff in school and it feels weird cause I already know some of the material!

N1BHH, great links!

Status
Not open for further replies.