antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasMale

Premium Subscriber
What is the best antenna for outdoor use with my Police scanner. I am looking for good quality along with being able to recieve a good strong signal.

SCPD

QRT
I just put up an Antenna Craft ST2, and its awsome. Got it up on a 10 ft. mast on the roof of my house. Definitely recommend this one. I got mine delivered for $38.00 (without the mast) from Strong Signals.

N1BHH

I'll say it again. One mans idea of best antenna is a wet noodle to someone else. You'll get 200 different answers to that question. Once you get them you can analyze the results and choose what is best for you. Some people also overstate best too much. I prefer to use terms such as adequate, workable and decent to describe how good an antenna works.

If your just wanting to listen to UHF, you can get a simple ground plane. Radio Shack has one available. All you need is some good feedline and a mast and a mount to get it up high. One alternative I use is a mag moung out on the air conditioner. My present one is the Larsen NMO-2/70 and it works quite adequately for me as an overall scanner antenna and I also use it for my amateur radio activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.