Blonder tongue aca-35-1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

trooperdude

Database Admin
timjude said:
Bought one of these on ebay for 25 buck's anyone ever use one of these for scanning? page 2 of pdf file http://206.188.195.56/btl/aca.pdf someone smarter than me look at the specs on the noise figure and let me know what you think..

What's the model number ?

There are three different models on that pdf.

From the first pass look, those are horrendous-crappy noise figures. 7-9 Db.

Pretty much worthless unless you're in the middle of a rural area.

Last edited:

N4DXX

Premium Subscriber
trooperdude said:
What's the model number ?

There are three different models on that pdf.

From the first pass look, those are horrendous-crappy noise figures. 7-9 Db.

Pretty much worthless unless you're in the middle of a rural area.
Well thats where i am out in the boonie's and it's the amp on page 2 of the pdf file the 35 - 1000..kinda done some research on the web this thing is 200 buck's new..As far as the noise figure they probably represent a true figure not the silly low noise figure's you see on some of these 10.00 wallmart amp's..

trooperdude

Database Admin
timjude said:
Well thats where i am out in the boonie's and it's the amp on page 2 of the pdf file the 35 - 1000..kinda done some research on the web this thing is 200 buck's new..As far as the noise figure they probably represent a true figure not the silly low noise figure's you see on some of these 10.00 wallmart amp's..

You get what you pay for I guess.

For $200 I can get <1.5db noise figure on a microwave quality commercial amp.

You'll only know how good it is after you try it I suppose.

:D

k5uss

Just looking at the specs I would say it should work for you since you are out in the "boonie's".

Now, if you are close enough to a lot of other man made noise you WILL amplify that as well. Most man made noise is going to be vertically polarized so this will definitely enhance it.

Keep in mind, cable TV amps are designed for systems that are usually pretty tight and not to leaky.

But, like Trooper said, you won't know until you try, and if it doesn't work you can probably make your money back on Epay...

Let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.