WAN 97 Indoor Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooser

I don't have the "active" box gizmo but have the wire (see the thread linked below).

The antenna works very well on my Pro-97 for Railroad, Air, and CHP freqs. Have it hanging outside off a roof eave. Along with the Nomad, that is pretty much that is all I use the 97 for (plus weather). Pulls in VHF well.

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?p=208800#post208800

BTW, the "PP3" line in the ad cracks me up. Guess it sounds more tech than "9V" ;)

Last edited:

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Appreciate the link to the other thread as well...I, too, live in a condo where I can't put anything outside, so I think this antenna hanging by the non-moving side of the sliding doors will be perfect!
I liked that PP3 nonsense, too...LOL

Gooser

AEMTKieran said:
... so I think this antenna hanging by the non-moving side of the sliding doors will be perfect!
I liked that PP3 nonsense, too...LOL
I think you will be fine. It is definitely better than any of the stock antennas I have.

FWIW, I have a BCT15 wired to a RS800 and when my BC246T is on the desk it's ears are a Max Systems 800 antenna.

I mention these as both of those antennas are hanging inside at the window and work fine for me.

Since those two antennas are optimized for 800MHz, that is why I use the Nomad for VHF on the Pro-97. Although the RS800 does do a decent job across the spectrum (better than the Max). BUT, the Max is better at my local trunking.

Status
Not open for further replies.