Help me figure this one out

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAVCAN

Found this antenna at work.

It's a 3 element YAGI, made by Sinclair, and has an N female connector. But I can't find any specs on it, the elements are about 6-7 inches long, and about 4-5 inches apart from each other, which tells me it's for the 450 ish MHz range.

Pics

DSCF0067-1.jpg

DSCF0065.jpg

Anyone know any specs on it?

Bentley

Thats pretty neat...looks like the stuff you see on TV when they are tracking something. Like when someone has a transmitter and authorities are walking the streets aiming that thing in different directions trying to search out a signal. I have no clue about any specs ... sorry, just wanted to post what it reminded me of!

pappy1

that is not a 450mhz antenna, look at the driven element. It is approximately 1" long juging from the N connector size. So, what frequency has a wave link of around 2-1/4 inch? Maybe a WiFi.

NAVCAN

well...i work for the Air Navigation System of Canada, and we don't have much in the field of wifi....and yeah, the driven element is about 2 1/2 inches long.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
pappy1 said:
So, what frequency has a wave link of around 2-1/4 inch?

1248 MHz

Are you sure the driven element is 2.25"? If it were 3", then it'd be a 900 MHz Yagi.

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
The driven element is the entire middle element. That short piece is simply the matching stub.

If the middle element is 6-7" long (as the OP states), that would be an 800 MHz antenna (860MHz = 6.5" dipole, which is what the driven element of a Yagi is).

Status
Not open for further replies.