Mobile scan everything antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anand

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, fairly new here, but been reading for some time. I have a Uniden BCT-8, mounted in my vehicle and looking for a decent antenna to replace the suction cup windshield mount antenna. My only stipulations are that I change out vehicles fairly often thus scratching off any permanent mount antennas; and I've had quite a few mag-mount CB antennas fly off of previous vehicles, so I'd like to stay away from those (plus its somewhat unsightly to see the wire on the exterior).

This leaves me at window mount antennas. I've seen Radio Shack's model, however people have stated that its reception isn't much better than the BCT-8 provided suction cup.

Two that I have found since have been:
--ScannerMaster Through the Glass
--ProComm PC-SGM/MKT

The other thing is the frequencies that I listen to. Its entirely PD; my county and adjacent counties are 850MHz trunked; local transportation authority is 455MHz; while state police is 39MHz; which makes it tough to find a good antenna, as most are for one of those bands. The suction cup antenna that came w/ my scanner is great for the 455/850 bands, but is virtually silent on the low-band stuff. I just completed a road trip from Maryland to Florida and back, and in states with low-band (NC/GA) it picked up maybe a few calls and thats it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.