Who Manufactures the Radio Shack Antenna's

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

Just curious who manufactures the Radio Shack line of antenna's? The 20-043 looks to be like the Diamond. Do they use different companies for different ones? Hoser

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
hoser147 said:
Just curious who manufactures the Radio Shack line of antenna's? The 20-043 looks to be like the Diamond. Do they use different companies for different ones? Hoser

Hey Hoser,
I heard a rumor but from a strong source in the antenna industry that Diamond makes the Icom discones and would not be suprised if they make that line for Radio Shack.
Take care

key2_altfire

Last time I bought an RS discone was in 2005. The package said "Made in China," which to me means the antennas are manufactured under contract by whichever company in China that can fulfill the requirements.

hoser147

tonsoffun said:
Hey Hoser,
I heard a rumor but from a strong source in the antenna industry that Diamond makes the Icom discones and would not be suprised if they make that line for Radio Shack.
Take care
Hey Ron and all that is kinda what I was thinking there is a very striking similarity between the two. Another one that really interested me was the RS800, Ive got one that has been thru heck and back just waitin for it to start given me problems so I can replace it and have a peek inside it has the severe leans right now, so its just a matter of time. Thanks to all. H:)ser

Jakemcgraw

HI, RS discones are contracted out of China,,no Diamond does not build radio shacks antenna for them, I spoke with a gentleman , named Wayne from diamond ant. about 2 yrs. ago about that, But diamond does make the Icom ah-7000 discone.,,except for the included coax, your really paying more for the name, not to knock icom whatsoever, Because Diamond has the N-connector version on the market the past couple yrs. again,,I have the D 130 NJ, Great antenna, well built !!.....PS I did read a few yrs back that Diamond Ant. and Comet have some Ant parts built for them from the same manufacturer in Japan, although the two are not affiliated with each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.