One antenna Three Scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

xGROMx

I tried to search this one up and found nothing. The question boiles down to do i need a splitter to run multiple scanners on one antenna (Outside antenna, 25' high) or can i just use a T to plug the antenna cable into the scanners?

if i need a splitter, what type and were to buy?

the t's i'v already got in my collection of stuff.

help would be appreciated befor i start moveing my one scanner.

-anthony

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hi Anthony,
If you go to the antenna forum and search there you will come up with lots of solutions and info on splitters etc..
Take care

Last edited:

N9JIG

Sheriff
xGROMx said:
I tried to search this one up and found nothing. The question boiles down to do i need a splitter to run multiple scanners on one antenna (Outside antenna, 25' high) or can i just use a T to plug the antenna cable into the scanners?

if i need a splitter, what type and were to buy?

the t's i'v already got in my collection of stuff.

help would be appreciated befor i start moveing my one scanner.

-anthony

I very much like the Stridsberg line of scanner multicouplers. They might be a tad on the expensive side but they are worth the money! I have 4 of them (2 4-port wide band, an 8-port wideband and a 4-port 800 band) and I don't regret for a minute the purchase of them.

All that said, you might want to consider a cheaper alternative: Go to Menards or Radio Shack etc and get a TV style antenna splitter, perhaps one with a pre-amp if you are in the fringe of the coverage area. Get a couple F-BNC adaptors and use RG-6 cables from the splitter to the scanners. You can even use RG-6 from the antenna down to the splitter. I use decent Radio Shack Quad-Shield cable from a set of antennas in the attic and the RG-6 works much better than the RG-58 or RG-8 cables I used to use.

xGROMx

i've got rg-6 all the way from the antenna to scanner now

what modle multicoupller do you recoment, split 4 ways

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
Splitter

I'm using RG-6 from the cable TV company with f connectors into a 4 way splitter, and f-to-bnc adapters into 4 scanners. Works well for what I spent (free).

N9JIG

Sheriff
xGROMx said:
i've got rg-6 all the way from the antenna to scanner now

what modle multicoupller do you recoment, split 4 ways

If you are going to use a TV style multicoupler then there are hundreds of models out there, try whatever your local stores have.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
RESCUE4NFD said:
I run 6 scanners off 3 discones with 3 GRE Super Amps and have used T-connections with NO problems...

Well, I guess there's the right way, and then there's YOUR way.

Status
Not open for further replies.