Valor PMM3B vs RS800 inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

N7AS

I have a Uniden BCT15 and am using the Radio Shack 800MHz duck on the back of the scanner. 800 is great with the TRS here in Vancouver, WA. 440 and 2 meter repeaters is ok too. I also can hear Portland airport (PDX) average.

I was thinking of trying the Valor PMM3B stuck on the case of the BCT15. Would anyone have any experience with this antenna used in this way. My other thought was to use a suction cup mount on a window with my RS800.

Any ideas?

CLTX11

I would not stick it on the scanner either. If you are going for the Valor, stick it in the window if possible.

I currently use the Valor in my window on my base to pull in the cities my RS800 have trouble pulling in. Sticking the Valor on the scanner defeats the purpose of getting it up in the air, it will work about the same as the RS800 if I do not have it in the window. I do not like having to put my handhelds in the window, that cable on the Valor allows me to have it on my desk.

N7AS

I just ordered a suction cup bnc mount from Batteries & Gagets. Was cheaper than Universal Radio - $12.99

I'l just use my RS800 with it.

CLTX11

N7AS said:
I just ordered a suction cup bnc mount from Batteries & Gagets. Was cheaper than Universal Radio - $12.99

I'l just use my RS800 with it.

That should work out better for you than just having it on the scanner.

Once you get it and get it working let us know how it turns out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.