RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Seeking Advice

Seeking Advice - When you have no one to turn to we're here for you, even if our advice isn't that sound

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2017, 11:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Thanks, I will check out google remote.
Steve
the software doesn't matter it's your PC settings I had the same issue

Right click the speaker icon on your desktop beside the clock, select recording device click on line in then properties click listen tab at the top check the box that says listen to this device make sure there is a green check mark on line in and it will work.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thumbs up It works

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky43113 View Post
the software doesn't matter it's your PC settings I had the same issue

Right click the speaker icon on your desktop beside the clock, select recording device click on line in then properties click listen tab at the top check the box that says listen to this device make sure there is a green check mark on line in and it will work.
OH my god, that did it, I now have audio on my android phone, I can't thank you enough I would not have figured it out, thanks so much. If you ever get down to Fort Erie Ont. the beer is on me.
Steve
Old 03-10-2017, 11:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

OH my god, that did it, I now have audio on my android phone, I can't thank you enough I would not have figured it out, thanks so much. If you ever get down to Fort Erie Ont. the beer is on me.
Steve
Glad I could help I'm still not sure how I figured it out trial and error I guess.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:

Steve
If you are going to be away from your pc and using your phone turn off your pc speakers just flip the power switch they can be very loud and others in the house may not like it just a suggestions
Old 03-10-2017, 11:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default sound is perfect

Quote:
Glad I could help I'm still not sure how I figured it out trial and error I guess.
Just tweaking the sound and it's nice a clear, I am running the 396t with scanner screen software and I have a full screen on my android screen it's really nice.
Steve
Old 03-10-2017, 11:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Just tweaking the sound and it's nice a clear, I am running the 396t with scanner screen software and I have a full screen on my android screen it's really nice.
Steve
my phone speaker sucks so I have the line in full blast on my PC which is very loud so that's why I turn off the speakers on my PC
Old 03-10-2017, 11:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default sound

Quote:
my phone speaker sucks so I have the line in full blast on my PC which is very loud so that's why I turn off the speakers on my PC
Yea I will have to do some more tweaking to get it to the best sound I can but I have no problem hearing the audio.
.Steve
Old 03-10-2017, 11:57 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Yea I will have to do some more tweaking to get it to the best sound I can but I have no problem hearing the audio.
.Steve
I use a bluetooth speaker in the car but if your car has bluetooth or an aux jack on the radio then that's all you need
Old 03-11-2017, 7:03 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Steve glad you got it going enjoy it is a great little way to remote control a scanner
Old 03-11-2017, 7:12 AM

Great job guys! I can't wait to try it myself.
Old 03-11-2017, 9:51 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thumbs up Remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMONITOR View Post
Great job guys! I can't wait to try it myself.
It's really nice to be able to do this with my computer and android phone, I like to listen to my frequencies in my area of interest and this is a cheap way of doing it, also I have a full screen of my scanner screen on my android phone.
Steve
Old 03-11-2017, 10:04 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Seup info

this is what I did in Windows 10 on my computer to get teamview to work with audio, I have my line in from my scanner to the front panel of my computer and right clicked on the speaker icon down at the bottom right of the screen on my computer and made the changes in these two box's
Attached Images

Old 03-11-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
It's really nice to be able to do this with my computer and android phone, I like to listen to my frequencies in my area of interest and this is a cheap way of doing it, also I have a full screen of my scanner screen on my android phone.
Steve
Yes! The Macomb County, MI feed was discontinued some time ago, and no one has replaced it. Plus, when you have your own private feed, you can monitor the 'good stuff', no rules, no restrictions!
Old 03-11-2017, 11:40 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default My list

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMONITOR View Post
Yes! The Macomb County, MI feed was discontinued some time ago, and no one has replaced it. Plus, when you have your own private feed, you can monitor the 'good stuff', no rules, no restrictions!
I just finished makinga list of my favorite frequencies I will scan when I leave the house now, I also got tired of trying to find a a live feed with all frequencies I wanted to listen to. No problem now.
Steve
Old 03-11-2017, 11:43 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Glad I was able to help out