NWS Alert Tone Sound Clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

wx0nws

I'm looking for a sound clip of the National Weather Service severe weather alert tone. Not the 1050hz tone but the one after it, it sounds like data transfer. I can't find it anywhere, need it for my ringtone. If you have one will you please email it to donnie.clancy@lmh.org, thanks!

73 DE WXØNWS Donnie

K9WG

I think I have one I can send to you if you still need it. Also Google EAS or Emergency Alert System. That is the same data being transmitted by NWS

oemctx4

Here are some more. Thunder Eagle, Inc. - Wireless Alerting Systems in wav format.
Looking for decoder for it, or fsk decoder circuit to provide a serial stream for a microcontroller to process?
We are using the Arduino Uno module from radio shack $35 and a xr2211 to decode NWR Same packets. I have a repeater controller to send the audio message out on my repeater and another project to send via Twitter and emailing.
Hope that helps out
Don

pete7919

Here are some more. Thunder Eagle, Inc. - Wireless Alerting Systems in wav format.
Looking for decoder for it, or fsk decoder circuit to provide a serial stream for a microcontroller to process?
We are using the Arduino Uno module from radio shack $35 and a xr2211 to decode NWR Same packets. I have a repeater controller to send the audio message out on my repeater and another project to send via Twitter and emailing.
Hope that helps out
Don

Any chance you could provide more detail on your setup for this? Maybe once you get it nailed down.

Thanks

iamjimmy86

Weather Alert Tone

I'm looking for a sound clip of the National Weather Service severe weather alert tone. Not the 1050hz tone but the one after it, it sounds like data transfer. I can't find it anywhere, need it for my ringtone. If you have one will you please email it to donnie.clancy@lmh.org, thanks!

73 DE WXØNWS Donnie

I have a version as a ringtone in .m4a or whatever the Apple sound file is. Sounds good too.

K2RNI

You can just re-encode the file you need to an MP3 or anything in audacity. Great software, free too.

Status
Not open for further replies.