NOAA Alert Radio on Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
Hello Folks.... have a question here. Does anyone have a Weather Alert Radio linked into there repeater. We have a 70cm repeater that we use for SKYWARN and wanted to look into getting a alert when there is weather alert put out for the 3 counties we service.

THOUGHTS, IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS.......................

Thanks

n5ims

There are a few area ham repeaters that have the controller programed to say "Weather Alert" when there are local warnings and "Skywarn Net" during an active net (this is similar to the ID process, but generally every 5 mins or so and only when the repeater isn't currently active). The "Skywarn Net" alert is part of the configuration when a control op uses the tones to activate the net (along with linking the various networked repeaters, changing the courtesy tone, remove the PL tone, etc.). I believe that the "Weather Alert" is initiated by the weather service either from their text service or processing of the normal weather radio's SAME codes. This does require one of the "smart" controllers, but these are pretty common nowdays.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, we knew that we would need to get a controller that allowed this but I wanted to hear from people who have this already installed and have played with it.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks, we knew that we would need to get a controller that allowed this but I wanted to hear from people who have this already installed and have played with it.

I can give you a number to call for all the info you need on how to do this,including cost?

n9zas

kevinparrish

Premium Subscriber
You may want to check the various product offerings from THUNDER EAGLE Thunder Eagle, Inc. - Wireless Alerting Systems

Daniel Gropper at Thunder Eagle provides great customer support and highly reliable products.

I've been using various Thunder Eagle "Weather Eagle" series NOAA Weather Radio Receivers & interfaces for several years now supporting The Weather Channel and NBC Network News.

Kevin Parrish

Status
Not open for further replies.