RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Topic Specific Forums > Severe Weather / Storm Chasing

Severe Weather / Storm Chasing Forum for the discussion of severe weather radio communications and storm chasing radio communications related topics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 3:11 PM

Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.
Default The "Official" 2014 Arizona Monsoon Discussion and Pictures Thread

It's almost that time of year again... Monsoon season officially kicks off this weekend! Who's going to be chasing storms in Arizona this summer?

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we can all upload this year's best lightning shots and talk about the storms. I've got my Canon T3i all dialed in and ready to rock and roll, now we just need some weather! I'll be down in Tucson this weekend but the forecast doesn't sound too optimistic for much in the way of storms yet - possibly a few to the East and South of town, but that's about it. I'll probably do much of my chasing down around Casa Grande this year since that's only about 30 minutes or so away from where I live.

I've been waiting like a little kid for this all year long - I got my new camera just as the season wound down last year and haven't had a chance to get any storm pics with it yet. Who else is gonna be out and about? Check in here and let's see those pics when you get 'em!

-AZ
Sponsored links
Old 07-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.

OK, after a slow start it looks like things will finally start to pick up in AZ today and into the weekend, especially in the southern and eastern parts of the state. I'll be watching the sky from home tonight but will be out chasing tomorrow. Who else is going and where are you planning to chase? I'm thinking south of the valley near Casa Grande is going to be hopping tomorrow night with storm activity. I will of course be updating this thread with pics and maybe even a timelapse video or two.

-AZ
Old 07-11-2014, 9:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Monsoon Season

The monsoon seems to be creeping up towards Colorado from Arizona. I caught this shot from my porch this afternoon using a lightning trigger I bought at the Storm Chasers' convention earlier this year...

Keep sending the moisture up here, we certainly need it!
Attached Images

www.flikr.com/mojaveflyer