EMWIN Messages...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy_19

For all of you who use EMWIN I have two questions for you.

First, How does the software/equipment alert you when it receives a message that you desire to know about? I've looked at websites of EMWIN software but their pages are excessively lacking details.

Second, on an official EMWIN webpage (which appears to be un-kept) their is a list of of products three of which I'm unfamiliar with:
Code:
Prefix | Name
------ | -----
EMA    | Emergency manager activation msg.
PAA    | Pager Messages
SKY    | SKYWARN Activation Message
Are these producrt real or used? Can anyone add some light to these products for me?

In advance thanks for the responses.

SCPD

QRT

For all of you who use EMWIN I have two questions for you.

First, How does the software/equipment alert you when it receives a message that you desire to know about? I've looked at websites of EMWIN software but their pages are excessively lacking details.

Second, on an official EMWIN webpage (which appears to be un-kept) their is a list of of products three of which I'm unfamiliar with:
Code:
Prefix | Name
------ | -----
EMA    | Emergency manager activation msg.
PAA    | Pager Messages
SKY    | SKYWARN Activation Message
Are these producrt real or used? Can anyone add some light to these products for me?

In advance thanks for the responses.

In the years I have been using EMWIN either by satellite or Internet, have never seen these products come over the stream. Maybe they were but dropped as bandwidth and the amount of products just were two much and some had to go.

Firebuff880

Not sure what you are asking here -- Our solution has a series of tables in a relational database that allows us to tell when a product in a FIPS or GPS Polygon is of interest to a "user" and reformats the message appropriately for the device(s) then hands the result to the carrier of record or SMTP for processing -

==================

Status
Not open for further replies.