Alert Receiver Feature Sought

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

I will need to replace my existing all hazards alerting receiver soon. I am looking for a model that has a particular feature that an old pre-digital display unit of mine had.

I need a receiver that mutes upon receiving the end-of-message code after an activation.

My Midland WR-300 does not do this. It mutes after a 5-minute timer runs out, which is far too long.

I tested an Eton receiver and it did not even time out.

Does anyone know of a receiver with this feature? Online searches turn up nothing relevant, which means that either nobody makes one or I haven't got the correct nomenclature for it.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Recon does. It is one of the few also approved for Gov. installations.

Reecom

Had one for 10 years or so - Amazon is one of the easiest to find them. All the specs. and manual or online. Also has external ant. jack relay output if needed.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
I have two of the Reecom R-1630 radios, one in the family room and one in the master bedroom. The EOM mute works great. You are able to customize what alerts will be audible. I have the one in the bedroom programmed to only alert for Tornado Warnings and Severe Thunderstorm Warnings.

Mike

Voyager

Recon does. It is one of the few also approved for Gov. installations.

Reecom

Had one for 10 years or so - Amazon is one of the easiest to find them. All the specs. and manual or online. Also has external ant. jack relay output if needed.

Paul beat me to it, but I have one of those, too.

W9NES

I have had great luck with the Midland WR-100 and the Midland WR-120. The alert tone is very loud at will wake you up at 2AM when you need to know on the overnight watch. I have a WR-100 near my bedside and has not let me down yet.

jscott02

I have had great luck with the Midland WR-100 and the Midland WR-120. The alert tone is very loud at will wake you up at 2AM when you need to know on the overnight watch. I have a WR-100 near my bedside and has not let me down yet.

Neither of those radios have the feature the OP was looking for.......

D

DaveNF2G

Re-read my original post. I'm not looking for an alert feature. I am looking for mute on EOM.

fuzzmanks

The Sangean CL-100 does mute. In fact i believe you can configure it to run on a time-out also. The Sangean has good reviews on Amazon. I like mine so much I bought 2 more as gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.