5810 0655z ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLynch7

On 5810 I'm getting a decent signal of a phone ringing, its been ringing for at least the last five minutes. NASWA log doesn't show anyone using this frequency right now, WEWN signed off almost 2 hours ago.

.....and it just stopped ringing 0658z, still strong carrier w/ open mic.

k9rzz

I'm not so sure it's a pirate.

I heard the same thing this afternoon but on about 15,200 khz (roughly) using my Eton FR-350. I was sitting at a park bench tuning around when I heard the phone ringing. The signal was LOUD. Not 100 watts loud, but 50kw or more loud. Then I heard some kind of Caribbean music for 30 seconds, then three sets of 5 letter morse code groups, and then back to phone ringing. I wanted to get the exact frequency, so I walked to my car and tuned around on the mobile (Yaesu FT706mkIIg) and _could not find_ them. I tuned from 16mhz down to 5mhz and could not find it despite having it still on the Eton!!

I suspect an image on my reception, but I have no idea where it was from.

k9rzz

Just happened to catch them just as I turned on my Eton. Five letter code groups and I could hear the phone ringing in the background. Approx. freq. is 5810khz. It's the SW1 band at the left of the dial. How easy is that for a spy to tune in?

brandon

Database Admin
This station is active each night around the same time.
Right now it's about 20 over S9 here into southern California. I usually hear CW then then an open carrier follows with ringing in background. I'm also hearing some data or intentional jamming mixed in. Here is an audio clip of the ringing w/ data sounds. Last week I was able to hear voices below the carrier, and NO they were not in my head! :)

MSM_Maria

The signal in Your record is DIGTRX. It is easily defined by baud rate ~122.5 and by quantity of channels=8.

In Your record baude rate is very close to this value and quantity of channeles is also 8.
Manipulation mode in the channel is DPSK-9 - it is the special differential original mode with manipulation of the phase. The signal is not OFDM, but the classical multichannel transmission. The attached picture shows parameters of the signal in Your record. That's detailed discription of DIGTRX signal Signals Analysis: DIGTRX is the very interesting signal. Fresh analysis..

p.s
i have suspections that you had made this record throught microphone. This is not correct for the digital signals.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 447
Last edited:

brandon

Database Admin
Hi Maria
I take the recording from the Line Input. The quality might be low because its saved as MP3 format. This was recorded in AM mode and the humming is actually in the signal, not from the computer. Do you know how I can make it better quality? I am not familiar with decoding digital signals other than HFDL and ALE. I will check again tonight as it seems to be active around 0500-0700 UTC.

DX-300

Interesting haha...I was just about going to post about this when I saw someone else is on this already! :)...I just heard this morse code thing going on last night at around 12ish am and around that same time I wanted to tune to something else and I stumbled upon a numbers station on 5882 kHz going on and on in spanish with that VERY ringing in the background!!!

Last edited:

mojavedxer

Heard this last night 0600-0700 on 5810. I am hearing the same thing right now 0530 on 5898

Edit now hearing it all again on 5800 0600 UTC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.