Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I thought this was interesting and worth posting:

Reduce Interference

logo-antenna.gif

radio-antenna.jpg

jackj

I guess I'm not smart enough to figure out how this is supposed to work. Have you tried it? Does it work? What kind of interference is it supposed to eliminate?

majoco

Stirrer
You have added a reflector/director to your radio's whip. Ideally the other whip should be 10% of a wavelength away from the radio whip for a director which means that you should get enhanced signals in the direction of the director (!). By the same token signals from the reverse side will be reduced, hence can be used to eliminate the interference from an unwanted station. That's the theory. In practice there will be so many othere variables from inside your building re-radiating the signals that it will probably be a waste of time!

A full size reflector/director for the HF bands is too big to be useable unless you put it up on a mast and even then it'll only be good for a small band of frequencies.

Cheers - Martin

jackj

I don't see how it can have ANY effect on the received signal or noise. The aluminum foil isn't big enough to act as a ground plane and the 2nd antenna can't possible act as either a reflector or a director, it is way too close to the driven element.

Status
Not open for further replies.