Conservative/Republican BCST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesbiker

I am new to SWL listening. I have a Grundig Satellit 750. Does anyone know of any Conservative/Republican broadcast in the US on SW or LW? I would like to get a schedule of frequencies and times.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

ridgescan

Conservative? Republican? No-all you'll hear is Alex Jones, Pastor Peter J. Peters, and a host of bible slammers. The Voice of America, BBC, Radio Australia, and the like focus their broadcasts overseas but if you get an outdoor wire antenna, you can get those broadcasts and get news and views from the persective of the country they're aiming at. You can get a broadcast from Madagascar beaming a Carrie Underwood song to people in South Africa, or you can hear Chinese kids singing Jingle Bells in Chinese on China Radio Intl. That is what shortwave's all about.
Botton line, America just doesn't broadcast anything anymore to America except religion and end-of-times stuff.

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Conservative? Republican? The 80M ham band? Eh, when those crusty old farts aren't cussing each other out over political views they're cussing the government out for lying and screwing them. In their off time they're slamming big business for doing the same but at least it's a change from all their aches and pains and the latest operation. You won't find any conservatives there, the clowns and comedians are pretty liberal with their entertainment.

Shortwave is a dead zone for conservative republicans although I once heard Rush Limbaugh's distribution network relaying a week's programming hour after hour after hour after hour until the band finally collapsed. Speaking of which, had I listened long enough I would have collapsed from a massive BS overdose and died. Rush-ian Limburger stinks just as bad as any other but it's twice as poisonous.

Last edited:

Maxim

most of the american shortwave stuff is from missionary stations who also sell airtime to people such as the GCN network.

if you really want conservative radio tune in to any MW radio station. pretty much all FM and AM stations are carbon copies that air syndicated stuff.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Darnit Scott ya beat me to it! Eh, you won't find CW there, not so much as a dit. What you find are a bunch of hammerheads hammering heads that CW is a filter that kept the riff-raff out but only learned enough to pass the test and forgot all about it.

As far as what's left of SWBC is concerned, aside from the few propaganda outlets left most of it is "conservative" Bible thumpers gay bashing and condemning everyone who doesn't strictly adhere to their views to going to hell in a bucket. Then there are the precious metals traders and assorted hucksters closely linked to gun toting radical survivalist organizations. Between them and the thumpers shortwave is really a hoot, that is unless you take them seriously and then you're in real trouble being like them ostracized from normal society.

Well guys, do you think we answered Bluesbiker's question adequately?

Status
Not open for further replies.