6.240Mhz 1-1-2011 *Voice of Russia*

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

lisrening to Voice of Russia on my Panasonic Rf-4900 with a long wire around my basement.Signal is at +10. Tim DeLong W9NES/GMRS KAF3207/*Monitoring all of Metro Indianapolis/Marion County along with Central Indiana and The World from *The Northwest Commications Center*

ridgescan

lisrening to Voice of Russia on my Panasonic Rf-4900 with a long wire around my basement.Signal is at +10. Tim DeLong W9NES/GMRS KAF3207/*Monitoring all of Metro Indianapolis/Marion County along with Central Indiana and The World from *The Northwest Commications Center*
That is a great DX from mid-continent let alone your basement!! Good one:) by the way that transmission you got was out of Moldova, near Romania-a 5200 mile trip:)

Last edited:

W9NES

Thanks Ridgescan and others,I have been a long time SWL for a long time and this was my first post on this fourm.I will be posting my other catches when I get them for our family of members to view.I own 12 Short-wave receivers.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"...Voice of Russia is more of a propaganda station."

More propaganda than what? OK, more propaganda than music but then it's Russian talk radio with Russ Limburger broadcasting from the mighty Gremlin with a message you're never for to get.

Yes, Pravda is truth but only from another perspective. People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, everyone BUT Americans know about Project Mockingbird* but that's the way the CIA planned it from the start. We know it by another name, Project Mushroom; keep 'em in the dark and feed 'em sh**.

*Google it, then try the sub topic Alex Jones. If you've been asleep as most are it's a real eye opener.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Okay so its not me, Voice of Russia is more of a propaganda station. You guys should read their Facebook posts, jesus christ...

You should have heard them in their Radio Moscow phase. I knew the end was near when they started playing "Midnite in Moscow" at the end of the hour!

kb2vxa

Banned
"You should have heard them in their Radio Moscow phase."

I did, the most powerful signals on the band, these guys were SERIOUS! Hey, remember the 50Hz buzz from the transmitters in Ukraine?

"I knew the end was near when they started playing "Midnight in Moscow" at the end of the hour!"
>>>I knew the end was near at the end of the hour!<<<

Using an old high school English class trick I uncovered a DUH? (;->)

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
"You should have heard them in their Radio Moscow phase."

I did, the most powerful signals on the band, these guys were SERIOUS! Hey, remember the 50Hz buzz from the transmitters in Ukraine?

"I knew the end was near when they started playing "Midnight in Moscow" at the end of the hour!"
>>>I knew the end was near at the end of the hour!<<<

Using an old high school English class trick I uncovered a DUH? (;->)

So THAT's what the buzzing sounds were! I always wondered.

kb2vxa

Banned
Da comrade, that's what all the buzzing was about but vee haff that under control now that vee found your nookular wessels. Not only that but when it's midnight in Moscow it's 4:00pm in Walden.

Last edited:

Jimepage

It's funny people think the russian station is propaganda but if you ask me all the mainstream media stations clearly have an agenda and at times are outright irresponsible. The masses in America are asleep and it boggles my mind how bad our freedoms are being stripped from us but hey as long as they watch Faux News shows them the football scores and what kind of stupid stuff is going on with Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber it is ok we are turning into the Germany 1939. But you guys wanna talk about Russia is propaganda? Frankly Russia Today is one of the fairest news outlets out there. A lot of my fellow country men today think because a media station FAIR and shows both sides instead of an agenda they are Propaganda. I apologize but sometimes when I talk to people here in America they are Blind at how fast our freedoms are being CRUSHED since 9-11. Sorry if I am off topic but some people need to put the beer down and stop watching football and go read a book instead.

jackj

Back when I was in jr. high school, I received a Knight Kit, 2 tube super regen receiver. I put up a 75 meter 1/2 wave wire, center fed it with RG58 and I was off to the SWL races. I used to listen to Radio Moscow at around 7.25 MHz, a really strong signal. I got a big kick out of Moscow Mailbag and some of the other "special" programs (read propaganda). Best entertainment on the radio!!

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
It's funny people think the russian station is propaganda but if you ask me all the mainstream media stations clearly have an agenda and at times are outright irresponsible. The masses in America are asleep and it boggles my mind how bad our freedoms are being stripped from us but hey as long as they watch Faux News shows them the football scores and what kind of stupid stuff is going on with Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber it is ok we are turning into the Germany 1939. But you guys wanna talk about Russia is propaganda? Frankly Russia Today is one of the fairest news outlets out there. A lot of my fellow country men today think because a media station FAIR and shows both sides instead of an agenda they are Propaganda. I apologize but sometimes when I talk to people here in America they are Blind at how fast our freedoms are being CRUSHED since 9-11. Sorry if I am off topic but some people need to put the beer down and stop watching football and go read a book instead.

Off topic, No. Insulting? Yes.
I don't know where you are from, or where you live now, but don't paint all people with the same brush. A good amount of Americans are smart enough to know that all the so called news outlets have their own agenda. Most read news sources like the NY Times and Fox News with a critical eye. I won't even mention CNN and MSNBC who have smaller shares of the viewing audience.
As for the Voice of Russia, it is the house organ for overseas consumption. Just like VOA. They will do what is necessary to make the house look good. During the cold war, both Radio Moscow & Radio Peking did tell outright lies.
It is easy to think most people are ignorant, as the elites do. I do not. We will NOT lose our rights either from within or without. People won't let it happen.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Back when I was in jr. high school, I received a Knight Kit, 2 tube super regen receiver. I put up a 75 meter 1/2 wave wire, center fed it with RG58 and I was off to the SWL races. I used to listen to Radio Moscow at around 7.25 MHz, a really strong signal. I got a big kick out of Moscow Mailbag and some of the other "special" programs (read propaganda). Best entertainment on the radio!!

A friend of mine made the mistake of mailing Radio Peking a QSL request back during the height of the Vietnam War. He got a package in the mail from them containing Mao's Little Red Book, along with a Mao enamel pin and a ton of communist literature along with the QSL. He would receive a large package monthly from them.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Da comrade, that's what all the buzzing was about but vee haff that under control now that vee found your nookular wessels. Not only that but when it's midnight in Moscow it's 4:00pm in Walden.

LOL! Great photo!

jackj

That's great Ishmole! I never wrote to any of the shortwave stations for QSL cards. Now I'm glad I didn't. I was listening back around 1958 - 1963, the height of the cold war and everyone was paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.