Radio Havana on 15230?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed that Radio Havana is broadcasting over CRI on 15230. It seems to last for the entire duration of CRI's broadcast on that frequency (until 1500) and continues all the way until 1600. It's not a documented frequency on any lists I could find.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
NASWA has RH on 15230 from 11-22utc....I just tuned there and heard nothing here.

Well, it's definitely there, and I lose it consistently at 1600. It comes in rather strong, but mixed with CRI. However, CRI seems to win out from 1400 until the scheduled shutdown at 1500. After that, Radio Havana comes in strong until 1600. I tend to pick up pretty much all of the frequencies Radio Havana broadcasts on during the morning hours (or 1200-1700 UTC) here in Texas.

Oh, and speaking of unlisted frequencies:

On January 1, Overcomer stopped their broadcasts on 9265, and switched to 9385. Now, I've noticed that WYFR has taken over 9265 with a Spanish broadcast until about 1300 or so.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Habana is famous for having out of date and hard-to-understand schedules on its website. Dan and others like him do the best they can, but when those ninnies decide to pull a fast one, it's impossible to know the difference between a real sked change or some dummy forgetting to do something at the xmtr plant.

We all kinda wish we could reach out to CO2KK and get him going, but alas, he seems unwilling...(that's Arnie Coro, if you didn't know...)

best regards Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.