Short-wave.info Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
Found this cool website that appears to use the Excel spreadsheet put into an online database to allow searching by station, frequency and language along with daylight maps plotting each broadcaster.

Short-Wave.info Frequency Schedule

ridgescan

Freekin awesome Brandon! Thank you! I am enjoying it now-I have the BBC on 6145 from S.Africa and this thing already has it mapped out. Fantastic:)

KK5VN

Bookmarked !! I have been playing with the site, and love it. IC-706 is getting a workout right now. Tuning all over the place..

k9rzz

Just keep an eye on the latest update date. They have fallen behind in the past when the new schedules come out. FWIW.

KD9KSO

I don't seem to be able to get the search function by station to work. If I input a frequency though, it will suggest what I'm listening to.

pathalogical

I've had that bookmarked for the longest time, but the top line "Find frequencies for " ticks me off. Anything I select, with or without GMT checked off, always says "A station, language or both must be checked off". No matter what I pick, results are the same !

Anyone else ?

ridgescan

I've had that bookmarked for the longest time, but the top line "Find frequencies for " ticks me off. Anything I select, with or without GMT checked off, always says "A station, language or both must be checked off". No matter what I pick, results are the same !

Anyone else ?
It works great here-try doing Brandon's link in the first post it may work better.

KD9KSO

I have the same trouble as I indicated when this was first posted.

And it doesn't work from the link either.

g1jaj

Can we fix it...

Hi Folks,

I write the songs, err I mean I write the code for short-wave.info. I am going to try and keep it more up to date, though there will inevitably be a small delay on the schedule changes whilst Aoki in Japan does his wonderful stuff in compiling them.

With respect to the problems you were having about selecting stations etc, I did a few mods/updates over Christmas and I think it may have addressed your problems. If not, please let me know and I'll try and fix it.

Any ideas for extra features also welcome!

Richard (G1JAJ)

a29zuk

Anyone else ?

Same problem here!

Jim

ridgescan

Zagadka is right Richard I thank you too for what you do-very cool SW tool. Your site revealed to me just how many English broadcasts there still are at any given moment when just for fun I plugged in "any station" in "English" and WOW was I surprized!

mondomusique

Hi Folks,

I write the songs, err I mean I write the code for short-wave.info.

Any ideas for extra features also welcome!

Richard (G1JAJ)

Hi Richard:

Could the "+/- 10khz" feature become a checkbox option? I usually know exactly what frequency I'm tuned to and I don't need the extra +/- results in my searches.

Love the page!

Robert

PS: For anyone having trouble using www.short-wave.info in Internet Explorer, try using Firefox it works properly.

Last edited:

g1jaj

The +/- 10 kHz clickbox is now optional!

Will take a look in Internet Explorer if there are issues. I use FF or Chrome, Opera (or even K-Meleon - google it) in preference generally.

Thanks for the HERO badge. Working on a new gizmo (if I can get it to work) that will add even more fun - stay tuned :eek:)

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.