Family Radio vs. The Rapture

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
Well the Rapture has come and gone, the man behind the prophecy is missing and his followers are heartbroken and pissed. Nobody showed up for work this morning at Family Radio, their website appears to be gone from the internet and the Armageddon bunker is empty. So where is everyone? Will they be on the air tonight? Is there still $50+ million in their bank account? Where are you Harold Camping and crew?

brandon

Database Admin
Anything to rid SWL of religious broadcasters is fine in my book.

ridgescan

yes and 5985. They are doing what they always do-rebroadcasts. On 9715 too- they actually are replaying his doomsday warning right now!
This old man f'd up huge! I suppose we will be hearing of his arrest soon?

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.57 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

Ol'Harold should get his head examined, what nut job, and anyone that believed him is just as crazy. anything to sucker the people stupid enough to believe and support people that delusional. A fool and their money are soon parted...

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.57 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

Would the world be that lucky if he drank the coolaid?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
7730 was up and running this morning at its usual time and languages. Unfortunately, I got up too late and missed the English broadcast and only got the Spanish part. Oh, and speaking of religious SW broadcasts, WWRB has added 15795 starting at 1400 UTC.

ridgescan

Meh they gotta be there for the hopeful up in the hills or in the bush:D but seriously, the ones who annoy the most are this tool Camping, and that black guy who pukes a lung every 20 seconds with that awful hollerin.

mtnmadman

Premium Subscriber
Meh they gotta be there for the hopeful up in the hills or in the bush:D but seriously, the ones who annoy the most are this tool Camping, and that black guy who pukes a lung every 20 seconds with that awful hollerin.
Now, now rigescan,,,,, Hey im up in the hills and the bush! I thought Sat. was a hoot!!!! We joked around about it at work, Played REMs end of the world as we know it! and debated "should we make a push and get all of the trash outta the building!??? My tude, who cares! Its the end times ,Baby!! ah yes, Religion , kills people dead!!!

zz0468

QRT
Banned
The rumor I'm trying to get started is that the rapture actually occurred, but NOBODY got to go.

elk2370bruce

I must be tired... I was picturing people chatting on FRS radios while they rise toward heaven, chatting with all their loved ones left behind, until they're out of range.

Having a QSO while while rising on rapture would be interestng. Where do you submit your QSL card? Why do people believe these hoo-ha's?

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I saw a report that said that after his failed May 21 prediction, he and his wife hid out in a motel.

Status
Not open for further replies.