Holiday and Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As this is the Memorial day holiday, you can expect the pirate scene to be quite active in the next couple of nights. Right around 6925 khz and watch out for one or two religious hucksters that have taken up in that general area. The NASWA spreadsheet will be useful to be able to knock those freqs out of consideration...

best regards..Mike

The FRN is a great source for pirates, unfortunately the site is down. The server was located in Joplin, MO were the massive tornado hit. The folks that host the site are fine.

ridgescan

Here ya go Mike:) and not a moment too soon-White Punks On Dope Radio now on 6925khz usb
just played the theme to Rockford Files, then the theme to Star Wars-now playing "White Punks On Dope"

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
With the arrival of the 4th, it's that time again - Pirates should be up and about right through the holiday. best regards..Mike

ridgescan

That would have been Radio True North, he came on about 0345 or so and left the air around 0630 or a little later.

T!
Thanks Token:) I was out for the count at the time I dialed it in. I notice True North is on way longer than other pirates. Gutsy I guess.

Token

WPOD, White Punks on Dope Radio, starting up right now, July 4, 2011, at 0338 UTC, on 6925 USB. Very clear here in the Mojave Desert, about 10 over S9 peaks.

(edit) WPOD wrapped it up about 0359 or so, another station started after that (about 0400) on 6924.67 AM, no ID so far but my bet is on Radio True North from the sound.

T!

Last edited:

scowl

Premium Subscriber
Radio True North is still going. I've heard him twice in the past month playing mostly 80's pop. His transmitter wanders between 6925-6931 kHz. I emailed him a reception report a few weeks ago and he doesn't sound very technical.

I'm wondering if he isn't in the west since the signal is very strong on this coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.