Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
From Andy Sennitt of RNW fame, via DX Listening Digest;
====================================
Media Network
By Andy Sennitt.
June 5, 2011

Commando Solo, the US airborne radio station operating above Libya on behalf of NATO, was heard on 1 June using a new shortwave frequency, 10125 kHz, USB mode, to transmit messages intended for Ghadaffi forces. This frequency is in the 30 metre amateur band (emphasis mine), but is also used by the Libyan army.

Commando Solo has previously used 6877 kHz and 10404 kHz. The change in frequency is probably due to the jamming by the Libyan army noted on 10404 kHz the previous day, and reported here
================================

Anyone can check for this, of course, but particularly those with 30m stations should be on the lookout for this.

best regards..Mike

majoco

Stirrer
Nuttin heard here at 0510z. The 10m band is not in worldwide use, but I doubt if Ghadaffi would give a fat black rat's backside anyway.:roll:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's not on 10m, it's on 10 MHZ (30 meters). One wonders who would be listening, apart from hams, since this is not within the standard broadcast bands...

best regards..Mike

majoco

Stirrer
Sorry - yes, I did tune to 10.125MHz - just the one finger typing! The OP does say that it's transmitting messages for the forces - not, perhaps, entertainment broadcast. IMHO any 'regulations' regarding band useage go out the window under 'certain' circumstances!

Hooligan

It's not on 10m, it's on 10 MHZ (30 meters). One wonders who would be listening, apart from hams, since this is not within the standard broadcast bands...

The intended audience are the Libyan military & paramilitary forces who have radios that transceive on the 10.125MHz Libyan military voice communications radio channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.