Turkey Day pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yep it's that time of year again when the unlicensed folks get to try their hand...you can usually get something a day either side of Thanksgiving, along with the holiday, so keep your ears peeled and report what you hear in the running Loggings thread.

For those that are new to this aspect of the hobby, here's a brief intro, taken from the handout given at the 2011 Winterfest...

Pirates and Clandestines - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards...pirate Mike

Not sure if I should post this here, but in regards to the Wiki link, WBCQ is now on 7490,

"41 Meters - 7375, 7465 and 7470 plus/minus 60 khz. Rarely used by pirates (beware WBCQ on 7415)"

a29zuk

Heard WBLK on 6925 at around 2300z during Veterens Day weekend. Let's see if he broadcasts again this coming weekend.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Not sure if I should post this here, but in regards to the Wiki link, WBCQ is now on 7490,

"41 Meters - 7375, 7465 and 7470 plus/minus 60 khz. Rarely used by pirates (beware WBCQ on 7415)"

Very good. Now I'll say something I've said before - if you see something in the wiki that needs fixing, I've got 2 words for you...

FIX IT

(you thought I was going to say something else, didn't you? :D )

best regards...Mike

Very good. Now I'll say something I've said before - if you see something in the wiki that needs fixing, I've got 2 words for you...

FIX IT

(you thought I was going to say something else, didn't you? :D )

best regards...Mike

I always forget, that I am able to "FIX IT" I updated the frequency to reflect WBCQ's change to 7490.

Steven - K8PEZ

kilokat7

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I know it's not shortwave, but just a reminder to check 1710 khz while trolling for shortwave pirates. 1710 was busy late last night / early this morning with Undercover Radio and an oldies pirate calling itself "The Big Q" which puts on a good show and music. All this was going on around 0800 UTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.