Wolverine Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

7designs

I would like to catch a session of the pirate. I know it is on or around 6925 kHz. I haven't had much time to be in front of the radio, so I am curious if there is a good time try and catch the signal?

Any certain day and time frame?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
While some pirates do announce when they are going to broadcast on certain mailing lists, the more interesting way is to check weekend eves and holidays (generally during your local nite).

That particular station is also famous for sending slow scan TV pix after the finish of their broadcasts - so be sure to have that software handy. MM-SSTV is free and very popular...

MMSSTV - MM HamSoft

Mike

Token

I would like to catch a session of the pirate. I know it is on or around 6925 kHz. I haven't had much time to be in front of the radio, so I am curious if there is a good time try and catch the signal?

Any certain day and time frame?

Typically Wolverine is on any freq from 6925 to 6975 kHz USB, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday evenings. In other words, no specific freq, time, or day is best, he might be on any evening. I find that most of the time Wolverine runs above 6925, say in the 6930-6950 kHz range. I would bet there is a good chance he will be up on Halloween eve though.

T!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
With propagation that varies from day to day, it's hard to answer this question with any authority. However I *think* Wolverine is on the East Coast, so if the gods of propagation are kind (and the sun doesn't slam us with a massive CME), you stand a better than even chance of hearing it

It's rather hard to pinpoint where a particular pirate might be transmitting from (for obvious reasons), although some may have a pretty good idea - as my old friend Dr. Harold Cones (Doctor DX) used to say, if one were to know such things....Mike

Token

And there he is. Wolverine just came up on 6925 kHz USB, at 0041 UTC (October 30, 2012). Nice signal, as usual, into the Death Valley area of the Mojave Desert, California, USA.

Wolverines shows often have a them to them, and tonight is no different, it is a "Stormy" theme tonight.

(edit) As usual, Wolverine sent an SSTV image at the end of his show. But after the SSTV he did 2 more songs, both were request that were voiced in the #pirateradio IRC channel.

Image here, not great quality, I had him on a secondary antenna and radio as all others were busy on other things:
original.jpg

T!

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Heh...who knows, maybe the folks that run Wolverine are RR members? You never know....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.