Radio Amazon in Brasilla Brazil booming in the Deep South on 6180

Status
Not open for further replies.

legis225

Sounds like a 100kw or even a 250kw transmitter coming in clear from 000utc to 1200 utc with lots of pleasant Brasilian music and Portugese talk. Nice way to spend the evening. Maybe I will learn some Portugese.

6180. At 230 some slight congestion makes listening on lsb ecss helpful.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
More properly R Nacional da Amazonia. Brazil is a favorite country for folks that do LA DXing as it has so many outlets going right up to 11 Mhz. They've got an extensive network there...Mike

Boombox

I've heard "Radio Nacional Da Brasilia" as well as the official "Radio Nacional Da Amazonia". I've also heard just references to "EBC" (their company).

They pound in here to the NW US almost nightly. If they're not audible, you may as well turn off the radio.

CapnJon

Portuguese is somewhat easy if you know a little Spanish. It is similar. I'm glad I saw your post. I've been going to Brasil every year for a few months each and had been trying to make a database of frequencies since my first visit 6 years ago. I almost took my digital scanner one year but chickened out because of the Militar Police! lol Now between Brasil and traveling to Bolivia I have new adventures in SW and TX.

Now that Android phones and App's are there I also listen and watch radio and TV all the time, besides I have all the Brasil TV stations that DishTV offers in their premium channel pkg.

Apps; Globotv, Brasil radio, Tuneinradio, Radios Brasil, Globo com vc (Globo with you)...

I used this site to search the database by Country. NASWA Shortwave Loggings Database

Status
Not open for further replies.