Unknown Station on 9750 @ 1100 UTC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
This morning, I picked up an unknown, English-language station on this frequency playing country music. It came in fairly strong. Any ideas as to what it might be?

hfflunki

I get radio Australia on 9580 in the morning sometimes but I've also heard them on 9570 occasionally they have a a program called Saturday night country and play music on other days at that time
Pretty regular there awful noisey for me this time of year but if you can find them again in dx season you might do better I start picking them up about 0800 utc
You might go to there website and look for archives or just put in a question to there english services for shortwave heck you might even get a qsl if your detailed enough about the program

Good luck

Dan
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I get radio Australia on 9580 in the morning sometimes but I've also heard them on 9570 occasionally they have a a program called Saturday night country and play music on other days at that time
Pretty regular there awful noisey for me this time of year but if you can find them again in dx season you might do better I start picking them up about 0800 utc
You might go to there website and look for archives or just put in a question to there english services for shortwave heck you might even get a qsl if your detailed enough about the program

Good luck

Dan
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info, but the frequency I was referring to was 9750, not 9570.

hfflunki

sorry for misunderstanding the only thing I could find in English in that frequency in English on the eibi sheet with guidsoft listener is radio Kuwait directed to north Africa it might have been a local ham messing around but I don't think thered be any pirate radio that time of day you could always check out hf underground website that's the best I can do
best regards dan

ridgescan

You sure it was an "English language" broadcast? There are none in that time frame. Radio Japan loves American music and plays it every U.S. morning on that frequency, so the song lyrics in English may have led you to think it was an English BC.
Good catch of R. Japan from Texas:)

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
You sure it was an "English language" broadcast? There are none in that time frame. Radio Japan loves American music and plays it every U.S. morning on that frequency, so the song lyrics in English may have led you to think it was an English BC.
Good catch of R. Japan from Texas:)

That's what I was at first suspecting, but when I checked it again a little while later it had changed to religious/gospel music. The only station that I can pick up that plays that kind of music during that time frame is WHRI. Could they be testing a new frequency?

I checked again the next day, and it was gone, and I haven't heard it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.