Armed Forces Radio on 7811 USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

I don't know if this information is current, or if it helps answer your question, but the "Shortwave (USB)" section of the AFN Wikipedia page:

American Forces Network - Shortwave (USB) (direct link to subsection)

...has a note "decomissioned" beside the Key West listing, which includes the 7.811 frequency.

Hope this helps,

SCPD

QRT
I don't know if this information is current, or if it helps answer your question, but the "Shortwave (USB)" section of the AFN Wikipedia page:

American Forces Network - Shortwave (USB) (direct link to subsection)

...has a note "decomissioned" beside the Key West listing, which includes the 7.811 frequency.

Hope this helps,

Thanks. I guess its also decomissioned because I have not heard anything on that freq in over a year now! Another station gone from the shortwave radio hobby! Very sad!

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
myAFN - Shortwave

Shortwave service is provided by the Navy as an option for their ships without the Navy's Direct-to-Sailor (DTS) capability. Shortwave also serves as a backup to those customers with DTS. Shortwave service is also an option for land-based listeners in remote locations that do not have access to local or satellite-delivered AFRTS full Satellite Network (SATNET) services. Shortwave services are intended to operate 24/7 but do experience disruptions due to maintenance and atmospheric conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.