Old Time Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

0400utc Sunday evening, 4840kHz it's the "Talking Machine Show" with Phil Patton. Kinda neat to have this on SW, and he plays super old tunes from the victrola days. Thought I'd put it here because this type stuff is fading fast.
If you guys know of any more old time radio on SW let me know.

Michael-SATX

SpectreOZ

KBC 6095AM plays a selection of older themed material (pre recorded Wolf Man Jack) amongst other formats a definite alternative to the "starched shirt" politico/propaganda programming you can find around the dial...

6095AM Radio

ridgescan

Good info guys thanks. Plus good old VOA still runs some good stuff from our past like rock and jazz etc.
I'll check that link out OZ-on an OT sidenote, speaking of the Wolfman, a MW station out in Modesto, Ca 840kHz started up about 3 months ago.. all oldies modeled after the movie American Graffiti which was filmed out there. Nice to have it in the mix coming in on the wire:)

"MARION'S ATTIC" old time radio program run on WBCQ is the oldest and the best, bar none.....they play ancient archives and private collections that have not been heard in decades......everything from old victrola lp's to wax recordings to Edison cylindars to archaic music machines.....it's an historical and musical journey every week done with humor and a lovely hostess......

WBCQ 7.490 "MARION'S ATTIC" check WBCQ sked/website for current times..... (used to be sometime Sat and possibly repeated Sun....but WBCQ sked has been in flux and i've been busy elsewhere)......I think 'Marion's Attic' is the oldest continious program on WBCQ.....

enjoy ! you'll hear stuff that you cannot hear anywhere else......

WBCQ freqs :

7.490 Mhz the WBCQ flagship freq.....
9.330 Mhz
15.420 Mhz
5.110 Mhz called AREA-51 the WBCQ sandbox where they let the pirates play legally....

MARION'S ATTIC is on 7.490 Mhz SUNDAY at 2100Z-2200Z (5pm-6pm Eastern).....guess that'll be 2pm local Pacific....damn didn't realize you're in Frisco....your reception mileage will vary :)

they do have web streaming at their website and a live web cam in the studio/control board at times.....

WBCQ PROGRAM SCHEDULE can be searched by each specific freq OR by program name from a complete list of their programs....

WBCQ WEBSITE : WBCQ The Planet | Worldwide International Shortwave

WBCQ SCHEDULE: Annotated WBCQ Program Guide

always worth a listen......station owner has his own radio show ALLAN WEINER WORLDWIDE on Friday nights at 8pm Eastern on both 7.490 and 5.110.....0000Z SAT UTC............

many new programs pop up and come and go.....lots of interesting stuff on 5.110 including a live feed of a GRATEFUL DEAD concert once......

7.490 is 50KW from far eastern Maine beamed SW across USA......been on since 1998....the home of FREE SPEECH RADIO.....if you have the money (cheap rates) and an idea you can get your own program on international SW ! if you can't find it on WBCQ you probably haven't been listening :)

Have Fun !

Status
Not open for further replies.