Global24 launch on 9395 kHz at 11:00 UTC 31 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

majoco

Stirrer
Hoping to hear this new station this morning at 1200 local/2300UTC but not even a hint of carrier. There was at 0900 local but no modulation - perhaps tuning-up? Any idea of the power?

I'll have another try in the late afternoon here 0500UTC.

Found it, 100kW pointing 315degrees from Okeechobee, FL.

Last edited:

kc2kth

I don't, but they came in weakly here in NJ on nothing more than a DX398 with the internal whip. Shortly before they started there was what I am guessing was a pirate on the freq playing classic rock and metal until about 10 of the hour. That station I had at about S5, Global barely moved the meter.

tmcomstock76

Lots of noise on this signal in Virginia. I normally use a Sony 7600 with the Sony active loop antenna and I was still having problems pulling it in. My Tecsun PL-380 doesn't pick it up when I use the ETM feature. I think this is odd because I don't usually have a problem with this band, or any other signal coming from WRMI down in Florida. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? I am very excited about this station, but shocked at the bad reception.

majoco

Stirrer
About 0530UTC a female voice emerged out of the murk talking with some guy about Fiji and the Cameroons or something - lost every second word in the noise! Never got any better throughout the evening - S2 at the most.

Intellifax

2035Z 01Nov14: Weak signal on 9395, easy listening music then into some commentary in English and an Asian language.

Radio Thailand is booming in next door on 9390, big signal.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Just before 0100 UTC I dialed it up and the signal is relatively steady around 7 on my S meter, but otherwise 35343. I am not experiencing any interference here in California at the moment. Jazz from the left is playing now. I'm using an Off Center Fed antenna in an inverted V configuration and a Kenwood 480. I was even able to pull in a signal, although weak, using a Yaesu VR-500 and a Grundig G5. Signal/propagation definitely improving over the last 45 minutes. (A little earlier around 2000 UTC nothing was heard)

' you are listening to the ROCKPILE on GLOBAL24 and i'm RAUL' at 0247z ID....followed by another ID with freq: 'you are listening to GLOBAL24 on 9395'...........S-9 here in coastal NC with some fade...really nice bass audio....some QSB with M flare in progress....Strawberry Alarm Clock, Elton John....now some nice Berlin Wall Anniversary Mix of jazz/funk....RAUL and the ROCKPILE show !

QSL@globalradio24.com

sweet !

Thursday 2210z 9395 tuned in and they were airing WORLD OF RADIO with GLEN HAUSER ! It was funny and ironic as Glen reported that he was surpried to hear his show on GLOBAL24---it was news to him ! HA ! It ran til 2230z and then wint into a Blues program.....S-9+25db here in coastal NC.....great sig !

PS.....re-run of WORLD OF RADIO being played NOW at 0035z---only two and a half hours later than the above airing !

Haley

Coming great here in Iowa. In the basement, with an old Venturer ( remember those?) , and the whip completely retracted. I'm impressed with their programming! Been listening off and on all week. It's nice to hear radio that's not so agenda driven. Mike

JonN

It's very nice to see a new shortwave broadcaster, let alone an all day long and every day broadcaster. But it's too bad daytime reception is impossible where I live. And I also use the Websdr located at the university of Twente. It's the same there, nothing during the daytime.

I would love to listen to them, but as it is now I can't. I sleep during the night and I can't do much radio listening at night, as much as I would love to. I hope they will consider doing daytime frequency transmissions too.

n3ouc

Premium Subscriber
I listen to them all day long here in Eastern Pa. I really enjoy their programming and the signal here ranges from an S7-8 during the day to 20 over S9 at night.

SCPD

QRT
Awesome programing! Love it! With so many stations leaving the SW airwaves it nice to have a new station on the air to tune to! :) Listening to Radio Cairo Egypt English service at S20+ at the moment.

prc117f

They went kaput. Cannot sustain a station with a listener base of 200-350 listeners.

Status
Not open for further replies.