Rivet Build 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Ian,

Could you possible give us a 30-second tutorial on how to even run this java program? I have the Java runtime (for Windows) installed.

IanWraith

Could you possible give us a 30-second tutorial on how to even run this java program? I have the Java runtime (for Windows) installed.

Yes no problem. First make sure you have Oracle Java and if not download it from ..

java.com: Java + You

and reboot then go to ..

https://github.com/IanWraith/Rivet/downloads

Click on the words "rivet_b18.jar" save the file that downloads in a folder. Next go into that folder and double click on the file after you have done that after a few seconds the program should run.

If the program doesn't run there appear to be two causes ..

1) An unzip type program has been installed which has decided that .JAR files are associated with it. If this is the case you need to change the properties of the file so it is "owned" by Java.

2) Sometimes some versions of Internet Explorer decide when downloading .JAR to automatically unpack the contents. I'm not sure how to fix this other than suggesting you use the Firefox or Chrome web browsers.

Hope this helps

Ian

SCPD

QRT
Ian,

Thanks. I am of the old school DOS days and JAR was an older (and now obsolete container format) and that is where my confusion lies.

Now I get it.

It's running fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.