HM01 Decoding Lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Still getting decode errors when trying to decode HM01 even with a strong signal.

If anyone is able to get this to work, then let me know.

The XP version is still available and works well. DigiTRX 3.11

K5KNT

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but is DigiTRX the only software that will decode HM01 or are there other options?

SCPD

QRT
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but is DigiTRX the only software that will decode HM01 or are there other options?

I'm sure there is commercial software that decodes it.

The new WIn7 version of DigiTrx works fine. If you see an error message upon start up that means you don't have any COM ports in your device manager. The program won't start without an available COM port.

A simple workaround is just to plug in a USB-to-SERIAL converter and the program will start up with no issues.

It decodes HM01 just fine. It doesn't decrypt however. ;)

Token

It is the only one that will do it out of the box. You can spend thousands on a professional software package, but you will still have to build a custom plug-in for it to do the RDFT.

T!

K5KNT

It is the only one that will do it out of the box. You can spend thousands on a professional software package, but you will still have to build a custom plug-in for it to do the RDFT.

T!

Well, at this point at least I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on software... I'm guessing that the digital portion of HM01 is also encrypted so would attempting to demodulate it be worth it?

I'm on an OS X system at the moment but I'm beginning to consider switching to a Windows based machine for my radio stuff.

Token

Well, at this point at least I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on software... I'm guessing that the digital portion of HM01 is also encrypted so would attempting to demodulate it be worth it?

I'm on an OS X system at the moment but I'm beginning to consider switching to a Windows based machine for my radio stuff.

Yes, the data for HM01 is encrypted, so demoding it would yield little, other than habits in naming. SK01 used the same data format, and there is a story that at least one SK01 transmission was not encrypted, but rather clear text. I have no idea if that is true or not, but the only way to detect errors like that would be to demod the transmissions.

I was a Mac guy, and went to PC for just the reason you are thinking of, to support radio stuff. In 1994 I was a Mac user only. I started messing with combining computer and radio technologies and found there was little off-the-shelf for the Mac. So in 1996 I got a Mac 640 Dos, this was a Mac 640 Performa with a second motherboard mounted in the same case, this second motherboard was a PC. You could switch back and forth from Mac to PC with the selection of a couple of key strokes. But in 1997 computer controlled radios started to hit big, and in order to support the WinRadio WR-1000a that I wanted I needed a PC motherboard with an ISA slot, something the 640 Dos did not have. So I got a PC for that application, and never gotten another Mac desktop since then.

Windows may be a pain, but the fact is there is a lot more off-the-shelf radio stuff for Windows than any other OS.

T!

SCPD

QRT

There are some really nice BF deals on Amazon for laptops with decent specifications and Windows 7.

I do not recommend Windows 8...

kc8iqz

DigiTRX for Wind 7

I'm sorry for reviving an old thread, but I am looking to install DIGITRX under Windows 7. An earlier posting said the author was working on it, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Has anyone actually gotten DIGITRX to work, and, if so, what operating system was used? Thanks

SCPD

QRT
I'm sorry for reviving an old thread, but I am looking to install DIGITRX under Windows 7. An earlier posting said the author was working on it, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Has anyone actually gotten DIGITRX to work, and, if so, what operating system was used? Thanks

Did you read the entire thread carefully? See Post #4

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I have always wondered what type of encryption they are using. I bet the NSA knows. I had a thought that perhaps it was simple XOR and I found a program coded in Java to decrypt XOR, but I couldn't get the Java file to compile. I just wonder what types of signatures (for lack of a better word) would show you what type of encryption was used. If they use AES there's no way in hell your decoding it.

It seems with digital transmissions and the equipment and software needed to decode the data this would espouse a spy in the field since back in the good old days you just had a short wave radio and a number pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.