Elad FDM-S2 and Multipsk without a sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorspecial

Premium Subscriber
I have a Dell Optiplex 3020 micro and want to be able to decode digital signals with my Elad FDM-S2. I installed multipsk but it says it won't work as I don't have a sound card. I believe it is built into the motherboard like a laptop. I have used this program with a laptop though.

Is there another program I can use or is it possible to get this one working?

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There are, AFAIK, no programs that interface directly with the Elad for digital decoding...

There is a mention of an audio output available for decoders on the Elad webpage so that's the route I'd investigate first, before thinking about something like Virtual Audio Cable (VAC). It's possible you will need a USB sound card board, which I don't think is all that expensive...

As this has to do with digital decoding, I'm moving this to our decoding forum and modifying the title slightly to make it more descriptive...Elad owners, can you guys help him out?

If no one answers here, go to the ELAD FDM-S2 Yahoo group - it's quite likely you'll find an answer there, if not here

Mike

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I have a Dell Optiplex 3020 micro and want to be able to decode digital signals with my Elad FDM-S2. I installed multipsk but it says it won't work as I don't have a sound card.

Yes, it has a sound card. Either it has been disabled in the system BIOS or your audio driver isn't installed properly.

Here's the Win7/Win8 audio driver from Dell's web site:

http://tinyurl.com/nuhc79k

victorspecial

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to you both. I will look into the soundcard issue. I figured I had one built into the motherboard but MulitPsk doesn't recognize it. Will do some poking around.

davedm

I have a Dell Optiplex 3020 micro and want to be able to decode digital signals with my Elad FDM-S2. I installed multipsk but it says it won't work as I don't have a sound card. I believe it is built into the motherboard like a laptop. I have used this program with a laptop though.

Is there another program I can use or is it possible to get this one working?

Thanks

Even without a sound card, you can use a software called vb cable (PC). See the links below for further information.

RTL-SDR Tutorial: Decoding DRM Radio - rtl-sdr.com
Monitor VHF ACARS with MulitPSK and RTL2832 DVB-T stick

Status
Not open for further replies.